Chapter Six:

"All the signs were growing
Faster than you'd noticed
My mind was caving
Hoping it could take me out"

By Now- VERITE

Her golden eyes shined as she gazed around the colorful scenery.

Azrielle had never seen anything so beautiful in her life. And she wouldn't stop thanking Meliodas for being so stubborn until he understood how grateful she truly was.

Lanterns and ribbons donned the streets. Music was playing at every corner and the food all smelt delicious. Neither of them could cook well so Azrielle was making sure to stock up on anything she could carry.

But most of all, the young woman found that the most beautiful thing around them was the pure joy soaked into the air.

Meliodas watched as his companion all but floated through the streets, greeting people and laughing. It was probably the best day of their lives.

"So this festival is for your missing Princess?" Azrielle asks as she and Meliodas talk to an elderly knight.

"Yes, she went missing about two decades ago. Every year since then we have this party in her memory. The Queen was certainly distraught when she lost her daughter."

"Oh wow, I couldn't imagine what that must have been like."

"Ya know-" a drunken man begins, intersecting himself into their conversation, "she would have looked a lot like you. Only older."

"She looked like Angel?" Meliodas was curious now too.

"Yeah, white hair and gold eyes. Same pale skin too, if it weren't for the age gap-"

"That's enough of your nonsense now. You'll scare the poor kids!" The elderly woman's outburst brought both their attention back.

Azrielle was confused while Meliodas was slowly growing suspicious about their circumstances.

"Is someth-"

"Angel I think I saw some food you'd like."

>>>

I feel myself growing anxious as I stare at the rose-colored knight. The scowl on his face is unwavering and the sadness clouding his heart causes my own to ache.

"It would seem we meet at last... you deadly sins."

I tear my eyes away from him to see Meliodas standing nonchalant. If he isn't worried, then I shouldn't be. Right?

He is the captain after all.

"This power..." Lady Diane grits her teeth as he continues to slowly approach, "Yeah, no doubt about it." Meliodas nods, still unfazed.

"You're a Holy Knight, aren't you?"

"Gilthunder is that you?!" Elizabeth's sudden outburst causes me to look at the Princess in concern.

The Knight, however, doesn't seem to show any response to Elizabeth's recognition, which is probably all the more worrisome.

"Why are you doing this? Why would you?!"

"How do you know him?" I ask softly, trying to calm the Princess's nerves.

"He is a Holy Knight who was my father's attendant," Elizabeth begins, looking back at me once again. I feel my eyes glow slightly as she talks, my magic taking root to help the Princess relax, "He's the son of Zaratras, the grandmaster of the Holy Knights at the time, and he was a fixture at the palace. So I... I've known him since we were little."