Chapter Eight:

"Toss and turn
There's an itching right beneath my skin
I pray to God
Would you take me from this time I'm in
(All I see is me at nineteen
Silencing the voices within me)

With his hands wrapped around my throat
No longer breathing but it won't let me go"

Monster- She Is We

"Meliodas slow down!" Azrielle calls as the blonde continues to pull her through the never-ending crowd of people. The city gates are in his sight now, and not a moment too soon.

Before he can reach them, however, Azrielle trips into the blonde, almost knocking him over too. The sound of hoof steps causes his already hectic brain to rack for a reasonable explanation for their current predicament.

"The parade is starting!" People cheer all around them as a line of horses and soldiers begin to march down the cobblestone path.

Azirelle whines softly as she apologizes to Meliodas, rubbing her nose softly.

"Quick, come here." He pulls her behind the corner of an alleyway, glaring out into the street.

"What is going on?" Azrielle softly questions, turning to gaze at the street as well.

"Nothing just-" Her eyes have already widened at the sight before them. However, instead of the excitement that she was feeling before, a twisting sense of dread was beginning to climb from the pits of her stomach.

The captain of the guard was riding forwards now, his head held high while he was being showered in praise. His cold dark eyes felt like a mix of fire and being doused in cold water. Either way, the girl felt as if she could no longer breathe.

"It's him." Meliodas can feel her body trembling as he turns his gaze to see the aged man.

It may have been twenty years, but she could recognize that man anywhere. If not for the dead look in his wrathful eyes, then by the scar stretching from his chin to right below his right eye.

Azrielle had done that, a parting gift before she departed from the small kingdom.

"He's the one that tried to kill me."

>>>

Bugs.

It was the one thing that Diane could not stand.

They were so small and icky, and there were so many that the girl was overwhelmed with fear. A loud shriek escapes her throat as she pulls her arms tight around her body, "Bugs are the one thing that I can't stand!"

Elizabeth and Hawk run for cover under a small bridge, watching as the bug swarm secretes acid onto the once peaceful town.

The Holy Knight's corruption seems to have no bounds as the lives of innocent people are ignored and lost.

"Not good, she's gonna wipe out the whole town at this rate," Hawk's worried snort causes Elizabeth to look toward the slowly dissolving hospital.

"Sir Meliodas and Lady Arielle-" Her blue eyes narrow in determination, she has to get them to safety. After all, this Holy Knight must be after them. Elizabeth lurches forward, not minding the acid rain as she sprints toward the small hospital room.

"Hahaha! That's okay," The disgusting Knight laughs, "I'll just dissolve you along with this whole town!"

With a snap of her whip, bugs start to swarm together in Elizabeth's direction, ready to chase the Princess and tear her apart.