Chapter Three:

"Your energy holds on to me
Still wrapped up in your strings
Those words you speak
They cut so deep
I still feel everything"

Every Piece of Me- ILLENIUM & Echos

"Who are you?" The white-haired beauty was scared. She wasn't supposed to run into another person so soon. She still felt entirely too close to that castle.

"No one." The girl answered quickly as her body shook in fear. He took notice of this, his face instantly growing softer. This boy wasn't much older than her, maybe just by a couple of years.

"It's okay. I promise I won't hurt you." His hands raised to show her, yet Azrielle still flinches. This causes him to frown.

"Hey, did someone hit you?" There was a bruise on her otherwise flawless face.

Those golden eyes of hers were suddenly filled with tears.

Of course, someone had hit her. More than once too.

"Why don't you travel with me- just for a little bit?"

>>>

I'm panting by the time we reach the town square. My eyes widen at the sight.

"Now listen up you peasant scum! If you haven't pulled out the Holy Knight's sword by sundown, then we're gonna charge you ten times the usual tax levy!" I gasp as everyone around me mutters and cries in anguish.

Is it even legal for them to do that?

"This is terrible." I put a hand on Mead's shoulder, the kid looking just as distressed as me. He really does care for this village.

"This is your punishment. Not only did you insult a Holy Knight, but you also claimed to be friends with the Seven Deadly Sins!" I glance down worriedly as Mead begins to tremble.

"It's okay. They should know that you meant well." I whisper down to him, trying to help him block out everyone's negative comments.

He throws my hand off him and begins to dash forward, heading straight for the sword.

"Mead no!"

I glare at the woman calling to him and move to run and finally pull the sword out. Only a pair of arms snake around me and pull me back.

"Ugh- what are you doing? Let go!" I struggle to get out of Meliodas' grasp but he doesn't budge.

"I know you want to help, but you don't need to go up there right now. Your eyes are glowing, and those knights will end up telling someone about you." I quickly turn myself in his arms, glaring straight at him, "Then you need to help them. I can't watch these people suffer!"

He continues to stare down at me for a moment, then he nods.

"Stay back here." He lets me go and pulls my hood further over my eyes as well. I feel my face heat up as I watch him go. The situation had escalated further while we talked, now the entire village was trying to pull the sword out as the knights laughed at everyone's misfortune.

"AHAHAH! He looks so desperate! Look at his face!" The knights are red in the face as the cackle at the village folk trying to pull the sword. I feel my eyes swell with tears and Meliodas continues in their direction.

As he walks past the two Meliodas takes their tankards of Vanya ale.

"Anyone who can't appreciate good quality booze doesn't deserve to drink it." My mouth gaps open as I watch him go.