Chapter Nine:

"I will be your shooting star
When you look up in the night
Burning through the atmosphere
Brighter than the city lights
I will be a satellite
You don't have to say goodbye
I can hear your SOS
I can see you from the sky"

SOS- Elizaveta

Azrielle has grown comfortable with Meliodas. His patience was astonishing. His care for her knew no bounds, and he was always gentle, coving up many past horrors with new memories of laughter and joy.

Even so, the sight before her caused Azrielle to remember an emotion that she had once survived on, fear.

Every day of her life before had been spent with sickening adrenaline and fear for her life. And one of the primary people responsible for this pain was parading next to her. Azeielle's golden eyes were wide as she stares at the man, just in time for him to turn and meet her gaze.

It wasn't possible.

It wasn't possible for her to look the exact same, not after twenty years.

But no one else had those eyes. Eyes of Grace that not even the goddesses could obtain. And there is one goddess, who would kill to take back her prize.

"Twilight has returned."

>>>

I am given little to no explanation as Hawk helps carry me through the streets, chasing after a Holy Knight. Hawk leads the way to where he last smelled the knight, happily charging into danger.

He can be such a brave pig, especially when I offer him my extra food.

"Gotchya," Meliodas stands in front as we find the Knight muttering to himself. I tilt my head to the side, studying the strange man as he begins to panic, "How did you find me?!"

"My nose can sniff out slop from a mile away!" Hawk proudly states while I pet his side.

"Is that true," Elizabeth questions in awe as I giggle. The two of them sure are lively today.

Meliodas ignores us, taking a step forward as he casually lays his sword over his shoulder, "I am going to have you give up the name of the person that ordered you to swipe my sword and the girls. Otherwise, I'll have to beat you senseless."

"Of course," the knight turns, throwing his hands up, "I surrender!" My eyes suddenly flicker at his words, "Lier," I hiss, feeling the nasty sin swirl in the air along with all the other feelings of atrocities that had been left from previous attacks.

Meliodas does not say a word, only moving his sword to deflect two hidden blades. I gasp as the metal clings in my ear, narrowing my golden eyes once again toward the lying knight.

"I threw those hidden weapons when I raised my hands. You were able to see me do it?"

"My eyes can spot panties from a mile away, so you better not underestimate them."

I blush at the vulgar words, smiling at his humor, "He- he is kidding, right?" Elizabeth whispers.

"Of course."

"Sir Golgius! I found you!" We all turn to see the doctor, I believe his name was Dana, shouting from the hilltop. "Now I know I was not able to kill the boy, but I poisoned him just as I was told. A deals a deal, please return my daughter to me!" As the Doctor finishes his heart-wrenching pleas, we all turn to see Golgius vanish.

I furrow my eyes, glancing around to see if I can track him by the trace of his sin. With the feeling of so many of the Deadly Sins in one area, it's complicated. Not to mention that I am still fatigued from whatever that doctor had given me.