Rodeo and Romance

I'm so sorry for all the people who have followed my story for all these years I have been extremely busy with college . I will try to be better and update more often .

Nate's point of view
I opened the door to find a uniformed police officer. "Good evening sir is Miss Elizabeth Layhaye home?" He asked . I replied "Yes sir but she's asleep right now is their anything I can do for you ? I can give her a message. "No sir I can not talk to you unless your family or Miss Layhaye's husband. This puzzled me as why would a police officer be here and why can't he talk to me. I contemplated  if I should wake Elizabeth up since I knew she wasn't getting much sleep. As much thought I decided to wake her up. As police officers don't just show up randomly. I told the officer to wait in the living room and I would fetch her. I entered. Elizabeth's room for the first time in awhile . The state of the room shocked me. The floor was covered in various dirty clothing tissues and all sorts of things. This was unusual for her as she likes to keep things tidy. I shook the shock of and gently woke her. In a meager voice she asked " Is the house on fire ?  Why are you in here"? I explained to her that a cop was in the living room and would only talk to her . After a few minutes she rolled out of bed and I followed her into the living room. "Good evening Miss Layhaye I'm so sorry to have come so late my name is officer Edwards I'm here to discuss Brandon with you. As you know he was placed in jail after he attacked you. And a restraining order was put in place . Unfortunately due to his family circumstances Mr. Brandon is out of jail and he was not happy to be placed in such a facility. The officers and I were told to inform you of this to ensure that you can take extra measures to stay safe. We are so sorry we couldn't do more. Lastly Brandon will be continuing traveling the same  circuit as you. Please feel free to call us if he gives you any more trouble . The officer continued to talk some about the weather this and that. I could see Elizabeth shrinking back into her mind further and further. I interrupted officer Edwards and lead him to the door thanking him for coming out and informing us of the new development. I went back to the living room to try to comfort Lizzy . But she was not there. I checked the kitchen, the laundry room, both bathrooms, and the remainder of the house. She was no where to be found. I began to worry all the vehicles were here no tractors missing and the animals were all calm. Where could this woman be ? At last I checked the only place left the barn. It was there I found her in a heated stall on a blanket with pillow and blanket covering her. With her Australian Shepard Charlie by her side. And Trouble laying on the other side of the stall. As I went to pull the blanket up further to keep her warm I saw a small thing move beside her. It was then I saw a small butterscotch colored kitten curled up to her. As I moved the cover again the little thing hiss at me as if to say leave us alone. She hadn't told me of a new pet. As much as I hated to leave her to sleep in a barn . I knew she needed the sleep after all the news we had. Sleep well my sweet angel.