Rodeo and Romance

Lizzy's Point of View

UHHHH the sun blinded me through shades. Memories came seeping back my biological dad is not dead uh what in the crap am I going to do? Where was he all my life and why didn't my mom tell me. "Good morning you ready to head out"? Nate passed me some coffee "uh thank you so what are your standings right now?" I'm second only to Brandon ! Really you are behind him! His face turned down and he replied yea by one rodeo win . How about you Mrs. Layhaye? I'm first in the league right now but I've got a witch on my back. HAHA his laughter filled the trailer it was so genuine and just the sound of it warmed my heart. "Well I've put the horses up and were ready to head out any time now."
"What!" "How long did I sleep ? " I was shocked I've never slept in since i cant even remember. Why? i asked him "you looked tired and plus we have a long day and i hope you don't mind but can we start switching out driving that way were both rested. Oh yea no problem i cant believe your going to let me drive. Lizzy i have to ask you something. Ok what is it? Knock Knock someone was at the door at first we just stood there but actually i went over and opened the door. "What do you want?" I don't want to see you CLINT! Young lady you listen here I'm still your father and you have to listen to me. Like hell I do! I don't know you and I don't care to know you ever. I vented yelled and raided for what seemed like forever you are not my father! My father is 6 feet under the ground beside my mother. Clint just stood there no saying a word until I was finished by then Nate had stepped in. Look Mr. Meyers you may be her dad but she doesn't want to see you right now. So please leave her alone and we shall continue on our way and you on yours. I couldn't believe how polite Nate was with him. Clint decided then to turn his questions on Nate. Who are you? What are you doing with my daughter? How long have y'all know each other? What do you want from her? The questions went on and on. Nate's disposition changed as the questions got more frequent. At first he calmly responded I am Nathaniel Rogers I gave your daughter a ride because her truck is broke down. But by the time Clint had got to the third question his answer were quicker and his voice strained from anger I looked at his face his jaw was clenched and their was a vein that was popping out. The next thing I knew Nate hit Clint with such great force knocking Clint to the ground. What did he ask I was to busy watching Nate to hear what Clint had asked. "You don't ever say that about Lizzy she is special and shouldn't be around the likes of you. Nate took me by the arm Let's go Lizzy ok . We drove down the rode a bit. I finally got the nerve to ask what did he say? It's nothing. Well if it was nothing why did you hit him. You don't need to know but he never should of said what he said. I unbuckled my seat belt. What are you doing trying to me a ticket I moved to the middle seat and buckle my seat belt back up. Their I just wanted to say thank you. Well you could of said in your seat. Well then I couldn't of done this. I kissed him on his cheek his 5 o'clock shadow tickled. I think you need to shave. We both laughed Oh ! Your welcome anytime Lizzy. And you don't like me scuff . In reality I really liked it made him seem wiser and it fit him. Nate you can call me Elizabeth if you want. Really I have a question why do like to be called Lizzy. Because well everyone i have ever loved called me Elizabeth so its special. So does that mean you love me? He questioned. I just turned away before I said yes but I couldn't hide the blush in my cheek. Does he know that I like him maybe even love him.

Picture of Brandon