🥀one🥀

" Maybe I should call sick? I don't want to leave you alone

" Maybe I should call sick? I don't want to leave you alone..."

My fiancé, Antoine Griezamann, said right after checking in at the airport.

" And miss the opportunity you are given. I won't let you do that."

The Euro 2020 was only four weeks from now and France National Team are having a small camp in Nice.

They call it team building, I call it an excuse to spend some time by the beach, soaking up the sun light.

" You know, I am old enough to stay alone for awhile. Its just a few weeks, before I join you in Germany."

" Guess you are right Attie. I will miss you."

" I will miss you too. Call me when you are safe at the hotel."

The same moment, his flight from Barcelona to Nice was announced. His kissed me once more on the forehead before heading to the gate.

...

" I am not sure Alana. Red will be too much. I was thinking about white, gold and bits of pink and sky blue here and there, maybe."

It was the day after Antoine left and now we were facetiming, trying to decide the colour scheme for the wedding.

My older sister Alana was sitting next to me, scrolling through Pinterest, while my younger sister, Aliana, was reading a bridal magazine.

" Have to agree with Athena here, Ana."

He said with and avocado toast in hand and a strawberry in his mouth.

"She is your girlfriend, of course you would agree with her!"

" I would say he is just scared of her, Alana."

My sisters high fived, while my fiancé was laughing in the back.

"Okay, no need to do me dirty right before the wedding."

" Aww... We love you too Attie."

I rolled my eyes, sipping from my coffee.

We have been trying to decide which colours to choose for hours now. Trying to please everyone is hard.

" Pink and gold wedding. Why not? What you say Love?"

...

All the way in France, the French forward was trying to eat his breakfast, while his future sisters-in-law were arguing over the wedding decor.

" Have to agree with Athena here, Ana."

Red was too aggressive for a wedding, he thought, but Alana's inner Manchester United supporter had to say something.

Still, it was better than Aliana's red and purple colour scheme.

" Hey mate! What's all the noise about?'

Lucas Hernandez, one of his teammates and close friend asked sitting on the empty chair next to him.

" Just the process of planning a wedding."

He nodded his head yes, biting an apple, understanding the situation Antoine was going through.

He also knew the Fernandez sisters well enough to imagine how hard must have been for the striker.

" It can be tough. Its will be all worthed at the end."

The older French just shook his head and unmuted his microphone.

" Pink and gold wedding. Why not? What you say Love?"