🥀four🥀

France won the game 4-3, after a hattrick from Olivier Giroud in the last fifteen minutes of the match.

Seeing her gave him energy and motivation to fight and win the game.

Show her what she is missing, you may say.

After his third goal, he looked straight into her and waved to Athena. Not trying to catch the wrong attention, he was thankful his sister was right next to the blonde.

" That was massive performance from you Oli!"

Antoine patted the striker on the shoulder, congratulating him on the win.

" Yes, man! Now it's time to party."

Paul Pogba played some music to get everyone in the right mood for the night ahead.

" The girls are coming too right?"

" Obviously Benjamin. Antoine is introducing his wifey and we have a lot to celebrate."

...

The boys did exceptionally well tonight and totally deserved to win.

Antoine sent me a message earlier saying to meet him in the lobby. The team will celebrate their first win and for me to finally meet them.

" I cannot find my shoe!"

" Calm down Hazel it's in your suitcase!"

Aurora Giroud and Hazel Martineau are rushing to get ready, screaming and running around.

Viktorija and me, on other hand, were all done with hair and make up so we were just watching the show the other two were performing.

Germany may lost the game, but they didn't lost the desire for a party.

" It is not in your suitcase Rory!"

" Not mine! I said yours Hazel!"

A loud laugh erupted in the room, since both me and Vika couldn't hold it anymore. It's like that every time we are supposed to go out and the reason why we are always late.

" Aurora are you ready? We have to leave."

Deep voice could be heard from outside the door. The older Giroud sibling was here to check on his sister and by the look on his face when he entered the room, something's wrong.

Without saying a word, I made my way out on the balcony to catch some fresh air.

Not ready to face him, yet.

" What's the matter bro?"

" First. What on earth happened here? Second. Why are you wearing this?"

" The mess... I will explain later, but what about my dress?"

" You cannot wear this dress with this shoes!"

His words were followed by more laugh. Olivier wasn't pleased with the reaction, but the young French girl sill took her brother's advice and changed her shoes.

" You missed the show Giroud. You should have come earlier."

Viktorija grabbed all of her belongings and stood up.

"Athena, you ready to go?"

" Yes, yes I am. Anto just messaged me. He is in the lobby, along everyone else."

Pretending I am not affected by his presence I walked past him and out of the room.

Pressing the button to call the elevator I waited patiently for them to join me, without thinking about the fact how close Olivier and I will be inside.

"Awkward..."

Aurora whispered making sure only me and her brother heard her.

I could feel him sneaking glances at me trying to read what was going on inside my head.

Good luck with that, because even I don't know what's happening in there.

When I heard the sound indicating we have arrived I basically ran out of the small space.

" There you are Attie. You look beautiful, Love."

" Thank you."

I burried my face I his chest, thinking I will magically disappeare and Olivier won't see me.

"Guess we can go now."

...

" You having fun, Love?"

Antoine asked me with a beer bottle in his hand. He was such a lightweight I wonder who let him drink. Three beers and he needs to be carried to his room.

" I am Anto. "

" Good... You know... I... I will head back to the hotel. Will you be fine by yourself here?"

Will I be fine by myself here? Probably. I have the girls with me, Lucas and Theo are also somewhere.

" I am alright. Are you sure about leaving? Want me to come with you?"

He shook his head and instead of answering me, Antoine pushed me towards the dance floor, handing me the bottle of beer he holded till now.

" Mhmm... See you tomorrow, Attie!"

Antoine placed a kiss on my cheek and headed towards the exit.

Looking at the cold drink in my hand after my fiancé left, I felt a warm hand on my bare shoulder.

The touch was too familiar to not know who it was.

" So your fiancé left you alone, Tina. I wanted to congratulate him on your engagement."

I didn't turn around to face him. I was busy searching for a way to get away from Olivier and his touch as soon as possible.

Lucas was dancing with his wife, Theo was flirting with some girl and my girl friends were nowhere in sight.

" Five years since I last saw you and you won't even look at me."

" Maybe it's because I don't want to."

I said turning on my heels to finally face him. Wearing heels was in my advantage and I was able to look him in the eyes, but I choose to focus on the wall behind him.

" Maybe you are scared he will leave you if he knew about us."

" There is no us. As much as I know you have a wife and a daughter."

He was obviously surprised to hear what I said and took a sip from his own glass.

" Yes. But unlike you, I will say that we are almost done with the divorce and won't hide the news."

Divorce. He was going through a divorce. I want to know what was the reason, but my curiosity will make him think I care.

Because the truth is, I do care.

" Sorry to hear that, G. It was nice meeting you. See you at the next match."

" You are running Athena. Running again and you know it."