🥀ten🥀

A few months have passed and the new season started.

It was time for the second international break and that means Antoine was supposed to travel to France and join the national team, after he missed the previous one due to injury.

At first I was going to stay in Barcelona and spend my days watching 'The Vampire Diaries' and baking muffins.

But my dear friend Aurora said I cannot do that and should travel to France, so we can meet.

My fiancé was not pleased with the news, but didn't say a word.
Guess he is still a bit bitter and doesn't want me near the older Giroud sibling. Jealousy is everything he knows when he thinks of Olivier.

...

Aurora jumped on the sofa in her brother apartment with a box of chocolate ice cream.

" Athena will travel with Antoine and come see us during the international break."

The only thing she heard as response from the kitchen, where Olivier was a that moment, was loud noise from dropping all of the kitchen utensils on the tiled floor.

" You alright there?"

" Perfectly fine sis."

He showed his head covert in flour through the kitchen door and showed her a thumbs up.

" If you say so."

She mumbled to herself having another mouthful of the ice cream, hoping Christian wouldn't come anytime soon and witness this.

...

" Where is Hazel?"

" Here!"

Not even a second after I voiced my thoughts, our friend showed out of thin air, with tons of different chocolate bars and snacks in her hands.

" What took you so long?"

" Do you think is easy to sneak all that food Aurora?"

The young French girl put her hand in front of her in sign of defense and turned her attention back to the players.

Antoine and Olivier were again paired up passion a ball around.

Feeling I was watching them, they both turned to look at me.

The blonde man I was calling my fiancé waved, while my ex fixed his eyes on the engagement ring on my finger and shook his head.

" Talk about the tension between these two. And I don't mean Athena and Giroud."

Hazel said and popped a piece of chocolate in her mouth.

" I hope they will have some sort of a competition between them. It will be interesting to watch."

...

Hazel's prognosis for a competition between Anto and Olivier resulted in a game, in which France scored seven goals and absolutely smashed Ukraine.

So the only reasonable thing that this lads know to do after such a game is to celebrate it.

Antoine and Lucas were on the dancefloor in a poor attempt to dance on Tyga- Macarena.

Benjamin and Theo were filming a video of the the two, that I am pretty sure they will use in a way to blackmail them someday.

Hazel and Rory were playing beer pong on the other side of the room. Sadly the second of the two was losing, much to her brother's dislike.

I was standing alone by the small bar, with a cocktail in hand, playing the only game I had on my phone or looking through Pinterest to pass some time.

" Nice dress. I remember when I gave it to you on your twenty-third birthday."

I didn't understand his words at first, but then I remembered I was wearing a certain lavender coloured dress. Maybee I have done that on purpose.

I didn't think he would remember a small piece of fabric he gave to me back in 2014. Yet, he does remember.

Be planned a cozy night at his apartment for my birthday, watching movies and eating brownies he made for me earlier.

He made me brownies. Why did I leave him? Antoine never makes me brownies.

" It's nothing special Giroud. I didn't even know I still have it."

Straight lie.It reminds of a time, when things weren't so complicated. When my world was wrapped in a pink bubble and everything was perfect.

" Don't lie to yourself Fernandez. I know you better than that."

I looked to see the time on my phone, when ' I think I am in love" by Kat Dahlia was played.

I could feel Olivier's eyes on me, knowing we had the same memory crossing in our minds.

Arsenal had won the FA cup for the second time. Oli scored the fourth goal and sealed the trophy coming their way.

This song was played at that moment after the game and we were dancing on it.

Two years into our relationship, I have never felt more safe and in love than in that moment. I still haven't.

Without saying a word, he grabbed me by the hand and let me towards the darker side of the room.

Hidden from everyone's curious eyes, he didn't waste time before kissing me.

I was feeling safe again.