𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

[third person pov]

two weeks had passed since we last left our story with y/n and suna playing among us together. throughout that time period, their bond slightly grew. they weren't best friends or anything, but they were definitely friends. they would play among us, roblox or minecraft with each other almost every other day. occasionally calling, and falling asleep on call. also, as much as she tried to hide it, y/n was growing romantic feelings for the young boy as well. but, suna gave no signs of him feeling the same way. therefore y/n chose not to tell anyone, not even hana.

y/n was not the only one who grew closer to suna. hana also began to talk more with him. however, suna was much more dry with her and enjoyed y/n's company more.
neither hana or y/n were aware that they both were shooting their shot with him. in fact, suna was oblivious to the fact that both girls were even trying to get with him.

oh and let's not forget the friendship that blossomed between atsumu and y/n! they actually became close friends, updating each other on the latest tea from the other schools, ranting about their days, or just sending each other memes. he would also send y/n photos of suna through the day, which she loved and would always smile at.

and that bring us to present time. hana and y/n were at an ice cream shop together after school. happily enjoying each other's company, and talking about their life.

[y/n's pov]

"oh, hana, i found out that the boys we played among us with go to inarizaki. which means we'll probably see them at the training camp!" i say excitedly.

"ouu how exciting! the boys are really cool and funny." she replies.

"it'll be fun to see atsumu with bokuto, and kuroo." i joke.

"yes that'll be great," she continues, "i'm excited to meet suna!"

"oh really?"

"yeah, i think i'm starting to develop a crush on him!"

i sigh, but with a soft smile, i say, "aw how cute."

we stop talking, and there is an awkward tension in the air. we quickly finish the rest of our ice cream and walk home. hana turns to me like she's gonna say something, but she doesn't.

when we reach the part where we spilt up she says "hey?"

"yes?" i answer.

"are you okay? you seem a little off."

i shake my head and lie, "oh no! i'm fine, i just have a headache, that's all."

"oh alright!" she smiles, "i'll see you tomorrow then!"

hana and i head off to our different directions, and continue the journey home.

once i reach home, i lay on my bed and let out a big sign. so much for getting suna to like me. i pull up my phone, and see that the time is 8:47pm. i'm about to text suna, when i think maybe it's better if i just leave him alone. then i won't get hurt.

to distract myself, i decided to play roblox by myself.

after about an hour passed, i saw that suna had joined me in my game and i left right away. i didn't wanna ruin hana's chances with suna. especially after she told me, i feel like she would think i'm a bad friend. but i was the one who even said to everyone that he was attractive...

i decided to call kenma, and explain what's happening. before calling him, i noticed suna texted me. but i didn't want to read them, plus i shouldn't even talk to him.

"damn, so you both really like the same guy?" he says.

"yeah... and i don't know what i should do." i reply. "i don't wanna get hurt, but i also don't wanna hana to get hurt either."

"do you really like this suna guy?"

"i- i don't know yet," i stutter, "whenever i talk to him... i get butterflies in my stomach. my heart feels fuzzy. everything he says, or does makes me feel... things!"

"oh y/n... the only thing i would say to do is stop liking him if you can."

i sigh, and slowly say "okay, you're right... it's what's best for my friendship."

"but if you really like him, i'd say go for it. hana is your best friend, even if she gets mad or sad, she could never hate you."

"...thank you, kenma."

"please don't be too hard on yourself. you can't control how you feel."

i smile softly, he's right y/n. who knew kenma was so caring?

"hey y/n, do you wanna play animal crossing or something with me?"

"that...would be great."

[tw: y/n overthinking too much, and being insecure. lol sorry but i need some angst in this story mb]

as kenma and i played together we sat in silence, i kept overthinking about the entire situation. even though i had only suna for such a small amount of time, he was special to me. i wonder what he thought... honestly, i think he only sees me as a friend. hana would be such a better match for him too. she's prettier, cooler, smarter... she is just better. but why am i even thinking all this? it is ultimately suna's decision, who knows if he even will like either of us?

after playing animal crossing, i end the call with kenma and thank him for being here for me. i look at the time and see it's 11:19pm. once again, i see the notifications from suna, this time i decide to reply. haha so much for ignoring him...

sunarin:

7:04pm

hey
wanna play games?
shrimpy?

8:43pm

oh youre playing roblox?
imma join u
ugh
why did u leave?

10:21pm

r u okay?
you're not blowing up my
phone like usual...

11:21pm

y/n.l/n:
hi
sorry for responding late.

sunarin:
heyy
it's ok
i just missed talking to u
lol

haha okay suna.
um i'm gonna go to bed though

sunarin:
oh alr
sweet dreams, shorty

[suna's pov]

yep... i like her.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

oop- okay y/n period get someeee. too bad you're an overthinker lol

sorry, i just wanted to spice up the story a bit

thanks for reading babes

<3