Chapter 3- A whole new world

I awoke in a very plush, king-sized bed. As I rolled over, I looked around the very spacious bedroom. The next thing I know, I am thrown back onto the mattress as images and text flash through my head.

Slowly, image by image, text by text, I learn everything there is to know of the wizarding world.

As the flashes fade, I sit back up and look around again. I now recognize my bedroom. I am in the Shafiq manor, third bedroom on the left from the grand staircase on the third floor. Leo is one room down from me. My parents are on the fourth floor, and my baby sister currently has a small room next to theirs.

I get out of bed and head over to my dresser. I open the drawer and see a slew of variations of red, green, and black. I know my favorite color is now red, and a slight tug of my heart says it's better this way. I also know my mother insists that I should wear more green as it matches my eyes, but I always refuse. The green shirts look brand new.

I put on a pair of black trousers and a maroon-colored shirt before making my way to the door. A moment later, I am knocking on Leo's door. After a second, the door is snatched open, and I am startled at what I see.

Leo is standing in front of me in black trousers and a blue shirt, only Leo is maybe 10 or 11 years old. His face shares my thoughts as he gawks at me.

I raise my hands to my face and notice my chiseled jaw is softer. I push past Leo and make for the mirror inside his bathroom. We both reach it at about the same time and stop dead in our tracks. We were both young.

I go through the information downloaded into my head. I am Perseus Shafiq, eldest of the Shafiq family. I live with my parents, my baby sister, and Leo in Shafiq manor. Leo and I are excited to start our first year at Hogwarts. The first years begin at age 11. We are 11.

I glance over to Leo to see he is doing the same calculation in his head. "Well, this is a bloody nightmare."

I snap my head back to Leo as he slaps his hands to his mouth. "Leo did you just..." I stop. "Oh gods, we're British now."

A loud crack comes from Leo's bedroom. We both crane our necks to see into the room. A small elf-like creature is standing in the middle of the room in a neat little uniform. "Masters, the mistress would like me to inform you that breakfast is ready."

We both nod our heads at the house-elf before she apparates away. The names of the creatures and spells just pop into my head as I am thinking.

"Well, let's go see mum and dad," I suggest as I make my way out of Leo's bathroom and through his bedroom.

Two flights of stairs and three corridors later, we enter the family dining room. This room is not too big and houses a neat table with six chairs and a large high chair. The formal dining room is next to the front foyer's ballroom; however, we eat here when it's just family.

"Good Morning, boys," Paul says from behind a copy of the daily prophet, an article on the Irish Quidditch team covering the front page. Players are waving from the photo as they zoom by on their brooms.

"Morning, dad," we chime back. Leo was adopted when he was three months old and I was a month and a half old. He has called Paul 'dad' and my mother 'mum' since he could speak.

As we are pilling our plates with food, a hoot travels through the hallway. The next moment an owl lands on the ornate perch set at the sixth chair. It holds out its leg, and mum pulls the envelopes from the straps. She reads the front of the letters and looks up at us, "They're for you, boys."

She holds out the letters, and we eagerly take them. We ripped them open to see the crest of Hogwarts. Exchanging excited glances, we pull out the identical letters.