Chapter 11- Trouble on the Quidditch Pitch

The next morning on our way to breakfast, we were pulled aside by Leo and Calypso, who had been hiding behind a suit of armor on the landing that split between the Gryffindor and Ravenclaw towers.

"Well, how did it go?" I asked Leo before he could speak.

"Easy enough. We found Snape just before we made it to the third-floor corridor. As we made it to the door, we noticed it was open, and the dog was furious. The culprit had already fled. Snape tried to pull the door shut gently, but Fluffy got him with his paw. He's got quite a nasty wound on his leg now."

"That thing has a name?" Ron asked incredulously.

Leo shrugged, "No idea. Snape was muttering after he finally managed to secure the door. Something about Hagrid and his stupid pets. Then said Fluffy. So I assumed it was its name."

"So, let me get this straight," Harry began, "Hagrid has a boarhound that is a gentle giant named Fang. And then he has a literal giant monster of a dog named Fluffy?"

Leo shrugged, "and your point is?"

"No, point," Harry said. "Sounds just like something Hagrid would do."

Hermione interjected, "So Fluffy is guarding whatever Dumbledore had in that vault at Gringotts, and someone is trying to get to it."

I nodded, "Yup," I said, popping the 'p.' "All evidence points to that."

"Well, this is brilliant," Leo beamed, "I was wondering when the excitement would begin."

We exchanged mischievous smiles, and I laughed, "Finally."

Harry's brows met his hairline, "Excitement? Finally?"

Leo grinned, "Yeah, you know, when the plot thickens." He let out an evil cackle.

Calypso hit him upside the head, "Idiot."

The whole group laughed. We slowly made our way down to breakfast, each of us mulling over the information.

As the week progressed, we spent our free time trying to decipher who we thought had tried to get past Fluffy. As well as what Fluffy could be guarding that required a baby Cerberus as its protector. The rest of the school discussed the upcoming Quidditch match.

Saturday would be the first match of the season, Gryffindor versus Slytherin. And Harry would be Gryffindor's star new player, the youngest seeker in a hundred years.

The morning of the match finally dawned, and Harry seemed completely out of it.

We all settled at the Gryffindor table and began to make our plates while Harry just stared at a pumpkin juice jug.

Hermione held a plate of toast toward Harry, "You've got to eat some breakfast."

Harry slightly shook his head without moving his gaze, "I don't want anything."

Hermione raised the plate, "Just a bit of toast."

"I'm not hungry."

Seamus leaned forward to grab some sausages, "Harry, you need your strength. Seekers are always the ones who get clobbered by the other team."

Harry turned his head toward Seamus. "Thanks, Seamus," he said flatly.

Shortly afterward, we made our way down to the Quidditch pitch. Harry headed to the locker room, and we went to the stands.

Hermione, Ron, and I found seats with Neville, Seamus, and Dean. Dean, who was quite good at artwork, painted a Gryffindor lion on one of Ron's bedsheets that Scabbers had ruined. Seamus had then painted Potter for President on it, and Hermione had charmed the paint, so it flashed different colors. We draped it over the railing from the front row and waited anxiously for the players to emerge.