Chapter 9

Lyra's POV
~Two weeks later~

"Hey you still moping?" I hear a voice say suddenly. I look behind me to see Ronnie standing there, I look back out at the lake. I had been sitting on the dock for at least an hour thinking about what's gone down. I cost Jeff his immortality, got grounded for the second time, and I'm also the reason Ronnie got sick. It was definite that Devon was the reason Ronnie got sick now. Devon was pissed I knew it and he most likely is gonna take it out on Jeff now. Ronnie sat down beside me and just stayed silent, letting me come to him if I wanted. Even though Kairi pesters Ronnie all the time she has always encouraged me to try and date him, but I thought it would be weird because we have grown up together under the same roof. Does that make us more like family? I'm not sure but I've always liked the idea of being with him. Right now there is too much going on. I fear I've started another war between us and Devon, just like what happened with mom and the others before I was born. I hadn't noticed I was crying until Ronnie brushed away a tear.

"I know you are upset right, but Jeff did that because he loves you just like everyone in the house. He didn't want to see you have to leave... Toby and Jeff have fought like cats and dogs though these past two weeks. Toby asking what was going on but Jeff tells him it was classified..." hearing this makes me cry harder. Dad and Jeff were almost at the point of not being friends anymore, Mom just ignored the subject all together. "Ronnie... Devon is a Pasta Monster. I saw it right before Zalgo and the others got to the hide house. He is some kind of demon entity or something... I don't know but he had a black aura that had snake like creatures roaming around in it." Ronnie looked at me horrified. "What the hell Lyra!? Why haven't you said anything until now?!" I just looked down at my reflection in the water. "There's more... I've been seeing the same aura around Jeff... Jeff usually has a dark purple one, but now it's black and I saw a glimpse of one of those creatures in it for a split second." Ronnie is quiet for a long time. "Why haven't you told anyone? Why haven't you said anything to Jeff?" I shake my head and shrug my shoulders. "I didn't think anyone would believe me." I mumble. I feel two hands placed on either side of my face, Ronnie turns my head to face him and suddenly he kisses my lips softly. He pulls back a moment later and brushes away more tears with his thumbs. "I believe you Lyra... Now we gotta save Jeff. This dude might kill him. The monster my dad was looking up was a demon ghost thing... it's probably the same one..." I remember that day I asked EJ about the book. The page was just missing randomly, Devon must have some how erased it. "We will talk about what to say and then tell everyone tomorrow." Ronnie gave me another peck on the lips before we head inside.

Jeff's POV
~3 am~

"Argh... Get out of me!" I hiss as I slump over the desk in the library clutching my chest. I hear Edward laugh at me sinisterly, he was freaking stirring around and it was annoying. "Because of you I lost my immortality Devon." I growl feeling my eyes change back and forth from red to normal. I feel sweat running as the arm propping me up on the desk starts to slightly shake. "Ah! You put it together have you? Well so has young Lyra." Edward giggles evilly. "You leave her alone!" I say standing up straight and try to force him out again. I finally succeed and Edward looks at me irritably, his hair floating around quickly out of anger.

"That wasn't very nice Jeff." he says narrowing his weird eyes. I lean back against the desk again panting heavily, Edward smiles suddenly. "What?" I ask angrily.

"It takes a lot of effort and energy for you to push me out. You are getting weaker without your immortality. It won't be long until I can fully control you like the PUPPET YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!" Edward says getting in my face and screaming. I quickly try to cut him with my knife to see if it has any effect. I manage to give him a shallow cut in the side. He growls at me before drifting back.

"You little shit! You will regret that!" Edward said as multiple snake creatures come from his back. I didn't know what to do at this point, I've never seen him this angry. The creatures shoot towards me, wrapping around me so I could not move. "Do you not get that I could kill you all? An immortal's heart is the weakest point in the body. Take it out and the whole thing goes with it." one of the snake creatures slithers in my chest and wraps around my heart, clenching it. I gasp as I feel my heart trying harder to beat, this fucking hurts! "It is the biggest Achilles Heel. But now that you are no longer immortal I can do anything! So don't test me!" Edward says before disappearing inside my chest again. I slump to the floor as I regain my breath, Edward was completely still now. He was pissed. Note to self: never do that again.

~~~Just a quick filler! As for now GasMask out!~~~