【IX】Acquaintances

IX.

"Soon?" I questioned in a panic.

What would she do? What did she mean? Exactly how soon was soon? All of these questions raced trough my mind but I had no answer. I shook my sight clear. I can fret about what she meant after I found a way to rejuvenate this guy, which is currently my top priority.

I didn't even know anymore, why Aurora had to do this. It wasn't fair, not like it ever was. Why does she have to come interrupt my moment of triumph, my moment of surviving? It's not like I would've been completely over-joyed that I'd survived, I'd've practically murdered someone indirectly if he didn't live, which would be more then just a major downer.

Even so, I'm the one with the real ticket so the jokes on that fire headed screw-over. But there is only one, with two people alive. At least that psychotic nymph made my job less of a burden, if he dies that is. If he's deceased then I won't have to kill him myself to get the ticket, or vice versa. But if he does die everyone will think its me who killed him.

No matter what I do I can't think of a route out. It'll always lead to death for me.

I leave him for dead and run with the ticket, Aurora will find away to blame me which will result in rule violation, and rule violation is almost certain death. Or I leave the ticket with him and return with none, which will cause me to be sacrificed. There's no way out. I can't save us both or myself. Maybe I should just leave the ticket with him. He did save me and all.

If he has the ticket at least one of us will live. But what if I take the ticket and later find out he survived the ice attack? Would I be risking that possibility by simply handing it over to him?

"Ugh." I sighed in frustration. "Nothing's working out!" I clasped the sides of my head, I hated this. All of it.

The pondering

The fear

The sense of not knowing

The time ticking down

I hated it all.

"I know right?" A strangled noise made. I darted my head down to see the males head on my lap. He was still motionless, his eyes remained shut. Little hairs arose on the back of my neck as my palms slightly grew damp, fearfully questioning who spoke in my mind.

Of course, no response.

I gave myself a small smirk, gradually loosening up my tense body and returning to my stature. 'Now I was imagining things?' I sighed as I found my gaze still on him. His skin was still tinted in a minty turquoise but looked somewhat less frozen. He looked like he'd be okay.

But that was just his faces complexion.

And then I remembered. He got hit on his back so it's only natural his face wouldn't appear as worse. I had already made assumptions without actually checking the wounded area, causing me to drown back into a frantic state. Wouldn't I just make the finest doctor?

Hesitantly, I attempted to roll him over opposite from the fire filled pot. As I gradually rolled him steadily to one side, I just barley managed to make him lay on his stomach. I sighed with relief once he had fully turned over.

"Well done Sienna!" I praised myself with the most joyous smile plastered on. Finally, one thing's been done right.

"Now I just have to-" I cut myself off. How was I going to unbutton his dress shirt from the back?

'Stupid, stupid, stupid!' I pouted at the ceiling. It was hard enough to get his back to face the ceiling and now I had to try and force it back down the other way again! Looks like I spoke too soon about something turning right.