chapter 5 ; azure, lavender, or even teal

Panting and coughing, Joseph immediately shot up from his chilling pillows. Though his mind was fogged, he was able to tell the lack of oxygen in his lungs. Joseph couldn't breathe.

The only thing he could collect was the fact that he was awakened by a nightmare that wasn't retained. Merely a blur of a face and his sanity feelings like nothing less than delicate glass.

With one hand grabbing his essentials and the other fitting into his clothes, he rushed outside the hotel, the beach being the only place his brain could muster up. The color of the sky, the blood in his veins, his breathing body, he checked them over considerably for a reason he could only identify as bizarre.

Nearing the benches of the beach, his earphones plucked in and portable cassette player in his pocket, Joseph felt himself retort back to his usual mood.

As cars passed by, Joseph felt even more neutral. With people around staring at him strangely, his existence felt noticed, assuring him that he was real. He hadn't known the reason why that made him feel comfortable, but he didn't strain it any further — afraid to come across thoughts that should never have been explored.

With his hands still by his side, he walked peacefully, ignoring everything but the sprightly music that played in his ears like a lullaby.

When the clock finally turned to 7, Joseph could overhear the children running out and kicking in the sand, signaling his proximity to the benches. He hummed in appreciation to no one in particular as he walked his closing steps.

"Hm, something told me that I would see you here again." Joseph's head raised itself slowly. "Remember me?"

Despite months passing by like years, there was no way for Joseph to forget him.

"I remember." With hesitance, Joseph neared closer to the railings, right beside the blond's position possibly by purpose.

 With a smile, the blond looked outward towards the beach, and considering this was his first time looking at the sun from the beach — Joseph couldn't blame him for the look that was given. The blond looked at him after, his green eyes clashing with Joseph's, and the brunet felt his heart slide in a way that wasn't possible to explain.

"Are you listening to music?" The blond inquired, his attention grabbed on the wires slinking out from Joseph's ears. With those eyes on him, Joseph found it a miracle that his body could even function.

"Mhm," He confirmed. "Do you wanna listen-?"

"Of course!" The blond cut him off, scooting closer to Joseph mindlessly. Once more, Joseph couldn't smell anything but the sweeping fragrance of bubbles.

Like the dreamy sense of passion, it was something that made him forgo the remembrance of his bedroom, where he was drowned in nothing but his thoughts and couldn't hear anything else save his heavy breathing.

His chest was overrun with emotions that felt like nothing he had ever experienced before. Just the mere sight of him was enough for Joseph to go into overdrive.

"What is this?" The blond said with one of Joseph's earphones slightly tucked in his ear.

"It's a band." Joseph breathed out, still too focused on the blond's expression to properly answer.

"Yeah, but what band?" He chuckled as if it was a joke. "It sounds familiar." And even though he was laughing at him, Joseph couldn't help but swoon at the sound.

"Red Hot Chili Peppers," Joseph mumbled out.

"Red Hot Chili Peppers?" The blond repeated. "Aren't they really old?"

"Mhm, I guess I prefer listening to old songs."

"Hm, interesting." Hummed the angel. And into the abyss he stared, gazing at the endless ocean ahead of him — the reflection of the sea appearing his eyes in a mixture of colors. "How old are you then?"

"I'm 18," Joseph replied quietly with the blond humming in response.

"Ah, I'm glad, if you were older than me then I would've been so embarrassed. "The blond sighed in relief with Joseph looking at him for an explanation. "I'm 20."

Colors blended into millions, producing diverse tones and varied hues, yet even then, none of them matched the shimmering glow illuminating from the blond's eyes.

Joseph didn't remember anything, he didn't know the cause of the feelings that were evoked, but he knew that the blond made him calm like no one else. And that fact only frightened him more.

The truth that his beating heart only beat more when viewing his face, yet somehow causing a moment of bliss — just like a feeling of paradise.

"You really like this place, huh?" The blond asked with the earphone still tucked in.

Joseph glanced at him shyly. "Maybe."

After silence, with a confident grin, the blond spoke. "What's your name?"

Joseph looked at the angel warily, scared for no apparent reason. "Joseph Joestar." The angel smiled.

"Pleasure to meet you, Joseph Joestar." The angel leaned back. "I'm Caesar Anthonio Zepelli. But Caesar is just fine."

And like something precious, the name that was called was carried to the skies by the tides of the ocean.