XXI

19k reads? Wow!! Thank you so much!! This is so surreal and I can't quite believe it but here we are. It's all downhill from here. I mean that both figuratively and within the plot :)

The day after Harry's confession was weird. Not because of that, but because of the camera crew who had turned up to film Louis's family. It was hard to watch Harry pretend not to know them, and even harder to watch his little sisters struggle to lie.

It reminded the lad from Doncaster that no matter what feelings the two had for each other, they were still living a fantasy.

Throughout the day, they tried to find little moments: Harry squeezing his hand under the table, or Louis playfully tugging at his hair, but it was not enough. Not after what they had gone through.

The interactions left Louis feeling hollow, and Harry miles away.

===

The soft light of dawn gently poked her golden head through the expensive linen curtains in Harry's room. Her long shining hair tickled Louis's face and his eyelashes fluttered open to see Harry Styles staring at him: green eyes bright and curious.

"Good morning Mr Tomlinson," He smiled, nuzzling himself into Louis's neck. His voice was warm like honey and there was a slight roughness to it.

"Good morning Mr Styles. Someone is chipper this morning,"  Louis chuckled, combing his hands through Harry's messy, tangled curls. The action caused the larger man to snuggle further into Louis's space, and he released a sigh of content.

"I'm always chipper when I'm with you," He answered and looked up to meet Louis's eyes.

He seemed brighter and glistened like yellow diamonds; his skin was irradiated by the early sunlight. Warm colours illuminated the citrine gems hidden in his eyes and he seemed to be carved from pure gold. It was as though sunlight herself had created him, ensuring he encapsulated every single glowing and idiosyncratic promise.

It was mesmerising to witness his beaming stare and Louis basked in his rays, allowing himself to be sun kissed and tanned from his love.

Each strong and sturdy branch was silhouetted by the light and wanted to curl into Louis, protecting him from other dangers the forest possessed.

"What is it H?" He asked, still unable to quite process how beautiful Harry looked in dawn's gold.

The star looked down and his green eyes seemed lost for a moment.

"I wish I had done everything on earth with you," He whispered and the confession made Louis's breath hitch. Somehow it was deeper than any 'i love you' . It was as if Harry wished to rearrange the universe in order to have infinity with his partner.

A shiver ran down Louis's spine and he reached out to grab Harry's hand; caressing the soft yet rough skin.

"Harry-" He started but the singer shook his head.

"Daisy once said that to Gatsby. I never thought I'd understand the quote, but with you here, it all makes sense," Louis smiled, snuggling deeper into Harry's chest, allowing his precious glow to engulf him.

"Did she get to do everything with him?" He asked, imagining Gatsby and Daisy's extravagant life together.

"No,"

The star turned away from Louis and it seemed as though the sun was setting and dusk was approaching, despite it being 9am.

That was the problem with bright things. Eventually they faded and all they left behind were ghosts.