XIV

Soft curls gently caressed Louis's cheek, pulling him from a deep slumber, and he felt surrounded by warmth. His arms were wrapped around something tightly, and he opened his eyes, slowly, to see what was going on. Tanned limbs tangled themselves in his paler ones, and the scent of vanilla was strong and made Louis dizzy on endorphins.

Midnight memories of the night before flashed through his brain, and he smirked a little. Who knew Harry could be so loud.

Louis had not felt this content in a long time. Strangely, his strained relationship with Harry had blossomed into so much more, and his heart felt full.

The man beside him stirred, and groaned a little, burying himself deeper into Louis's arms. Louis hugged him tight to his chest, still quite unsure if he was in reality. He kissed Harry's curls, and chuckled, as he battered his face away.

"Good morning," Louis said, smitten.

The man beneath slowly untangled himself from Louis's limbs and sat up, assessing the room. His eyes widened in realisation, and he jumped out of bed. Louis tried but failed to hide his grin, after seeing Harry wince a little. He was still absolutely wrecked.

"Hi, Louis," He replied, awkwardly, standing in front of the smaller man, completely naked. Louis's eyes flicked up and down, staring at his torso, and he batted his long eyelashes at the man, hoping it would tempt him to get back to bed.

It seemed to have the opposite effect, and Harry rushed to grab a robe, covering himself completely.

Louis tried to mask his disappointment through a joke, but it fell flat.

"That's a shame. I was enjoying the view," He laughed, but was met with a look of distaste from his mentor.

"You need to go," Harry replied, grabbing Louis's clothes from the floor and chucking them onto the bed, carelessly. Louis blinked once, then twice, then again.

"Excuse me?" He said, not quite sure if he had heard the man correctly. Harry seemed to be looking everywhere but at Louis. His eyes flitted from wall to wall, and towards the still half drawn curtains. The sky seemed overcast, and Louis suspected that it was going to rain. That was not exactly much of a change from England's normal weather, but Louis could not help but wonder if it was giving some foresight in the conversation he was about to have with the rockstar.

"You heard me. It's the first live show today, and I don't need you fucking up my schedule," Harry finally turned to look at Louis, and his face was stone cold. There was an absence of any emotion in his eyes, and he was once again putting on a front. There were not many other scary sights, especially when Harry was sober, and still able to fake his feelings.

"Oh, ok. I just thought-" Louis had no idea what his thoughts were. He had never been so confused about a situation. Did he expect him and Harry to get breakfast? Were they now together? He wouldn't have minded either option. The star seemed to read his mind, however, and scoffed.

"Don't get it twisted, Louis. We're not in a relationship," He said, his voice void of any feeling whatsoever. The words hurt Louis and he tried his hardest not to bolt at the statement. It was embarrassing and degrading.

He tried to defend himself, slightly offended by Harry's assumption.

"I didn't say-"

The star interrupted him, however, before he could speak further.

"good because I don't do relationships," He snapped back, harshly. Louis flushed and looked at the floor. The words hurt him a lot. It was not like he had envisioned him and Harry in a long lasting relationship, one day, but it still hurt to hear those words come out of his mouth. It was like he was dismissing Louis completely.