XX

Before we get started, I just want to say hi to everyone who's new here. I did not expect to gain almost 10k reads in a couple of days, but here we are! As a thank you, this chapter is 8000+ words!

I should also mention that I've taken some liberties with Louis's birthday. It is no longer on Christmas eve.

ENJOY!!

Louis Tomlinson stood at the bottom of the stairs, tapping his foot impatiently. To his left was a suitcase and a backpack balancing on it, ready to topple at any moment. A flutter of hurried footsteps could be heard above him, and every so often there was a bang and a curse word muttered.

"Harry. Come on. We're gonna be late," He yelled to the rockstar, who had still not finished packing, despite starting two days ago. He heard a mumble, before dark chestnut hair and a stressed out, red face appeared at the top of the staircase.

"Sorry I'm nearly done," Harry called out, a little breathless. A loose curl swayed in front of his eyes, and he frowned, desperately trying to tug it behind his ear.

"Why is it taking so long?" Louis groaned, checking his phone to see just how behind schedule they were. It was significant.

There was a moment of silence, and Harry's eyes were downcast before he mumbled:

"I don't know what to wear,"

The confession caused Louis to burst into giggles, and he shook his head, fonding over the rockstar's childish, yet endearing vanity.

"Harry. You're going to Doncaster, not a fashion show. Most of us wear old t-shirts and chavvy tracksuits," He exclaimed, pointing at his own Adidas attire.

Harry sighed and stared at Louis's light luggage. The two were supposed to travel to the Doncaster lad's hometown on Thursday for a Factor 28 filming segment, but Harry had suggested a slight change of plans. He had shyly presented Louis with the idea of travelling down on the Monday night, so the two could spend some time with Louis's family, before cameras were shoved in their faces. Louis had been enamoured by the suggestion and immediately agreed. What he had not expected was how nervous Harry was going to be about meeting his siblings.

"I just wanna make a good impression," He mumbled, playing with the sleeves of the casual Gucci button up he was wearing. The soft pink satin material caught the light and danced in Louis's eyes, like water rippling in a sunset sky.

His delicate green eyes were open and wide with worry, revealing the envelope of his soul and all the letters it contained.

Sympathy formed in Louis's gut, and he sent his boyfriend a smile.

"Haz. Lottie is gonna love ya," He tried to reason, but Harry's slouched, hunched over posture did not change, and he continued to anxiously tug at his blouse sleeves.

"Stop worrying and get down here," Louis let out a gentle chuckle, and Harry stumbled down the stairs gracelessly, his long legs swinging haphazardly as he descended.

"Sorry Lou. I'm just really nervous. I've never done this type of thing before," He confessed, his cheeks flushing cherry red, and his eyebrows knitting.

"Babe," The Doncaster lad grabbed his hips, and pulled him in.

We're gonna be ok" Louis leant forward, and with one swift slide of his thumb, tucked Harry's messy hair off of his reddened cheeks, and behind his ear. Gently, he lifted the taller man's chin so that their eyes met, and when they did, it was a clash of blue and green.

Turquoise.

Louis then leaned in and brought his powdery, slightly chapped lips to Harry's cheek. The man's breath hitched, and he grabbed Louis's hand, two puzzle pieces coming together. When the smaller man pulled away, there was a small grin present on Harry's face, and a slight wet mark present on his skin that shimmered, as he moved.