Chapter 1

~Age 6~

"Hey mom-" I gasped. I didn't even feel the hot tears streaming down my face as I froze at the sight before me. There, in the middle of the bedroom, lay my mother, surrounded by a pool of blood. 

My father must have heard my sobs, as he had run up to check on me. "Y/N honey, are you okay......". He trailed off. Then broke down in tears over my mother's limp body. I had temporarily recovered from the shock by then, and I ran downstairs to call 911. Momma had always told me to call 911 if anything really bad had happened to her or dad. And the day had come when something did.

~Age 9~

"Get up. You won't be of use to anybody if you reach your limits so quickly" my father said in a stern tone. I was knelt down in front of him, dizzy and close to passing out from overusing my quirk.

He's been like this ever since mom passed away. I'd get up around 4 am, and cook lunch and dinner. Once I get home from school, I get brutally trained and beat. I would be released around 5 pm so that I could make dinner. After dinner, I would get trained and beat some more until around 9 pm. Then I would just bandage up my wounds and do whatever else was necessary before bed.

~Age 12~

At this point, I've become pretty familiar with the pain and the rigorous schedule. I sighed as I pulled out my makeup to cover up the visible bruises and get ready for school. Only 3 more years until I could move out of this living hell and into the UA dorms.

People gave me strange looks, almost pitying, even though my mother's death was 6 years ago. I was alone. I didn't want any friends, nor did I need them in this useless school. I already knew all of the material. Friends would slow me down, and possibly discover my darkest secrets, like why I wear long sleeves so much, or why I'm so jumpy.

~Age 14~

Instead of going on a research studies field trip, I had been doing so well in class that I was accepted for a short internship with Hawks. His quirk was nothing like mine. I could manipulate elements. (more details later) He was a human-bird hybrid.

Hawks was impressed with my level of both academic and physical ability, and I don't blame him. I didn't look too strong, and tried to blend in with the crowd as often as possible. After a week of working with Hawks, him and some of his other pro hero colleagues, including Midnight,  put in recommendations for me to go to UA. I tried my best to look humbly thankful while I was really screaming and celebrating inside.

Quirk: Elemental Manipulation

You are able to control the shape, form, and temperature of any element.

Fire: ranges from a small amount of heat to blue flames.

Earth: As long as you know it's environment and how it looks, you can make it. 

Air: You can change the density and direction of the air around you.

Water: You can create strong or weak blasts of water, and you can cool down the temperature to create ice.

(Parenthesis)=Authors notes

Italicized= Thoughts

Underlined= Texts