one

Today is the first day of school and i'm not excited at all. School has always been tough for me because i've always struggled in it. I also just straight up hate talking to people and school involves that.

As I get out of my car, i see my very small group of friends hanging outside of the school and I decided to make my way over.

"Lorelei!" Ivy, one of my friends, called out and all my other friends heads turned and smiled.

"Hey" I simply replied in a tired tone.

"You good Rory?" Billie asked. I met Billie in 6th grade and we've been close since then. Billie and Ivy are who I pretty much hangout with the most in my friend group.

"Yeah i guess...just tired and I hate school so i'm not excited" I said with a frown.

"Ahh, you'll be alright. Fuck school, there's no need to stress about it." she said with a reassuring smile.

I gave her a smile and talked to everyone else until it was time to start heading to class.

Billie and Ivy were in my first class so that helped my mood a little bit.

//

My first 3 classes were over and it was now time for lunch. I headed to the lunchroom to find my friends after I put some of my stuff in my locker and sat with them.

"Mr. Perry already assigned like 20 pages of homework and its literally the first fucking day of the year, could he not at least wait till tomorrow?" Ivy complained. We all just laughed at her.

As we were all talking during lunch I kept staring at Billie. I don't know why, but i've always found her so pretty and always jealous of her looks. Especially her eyes, they're so pretty and bright, i love them.

I even used to have a small crush on billie in middle school.

I never told anyone, it always stayed in my small head. I was always scared to say something because it just scared me. I don't even know my sexuality yet, that's something i've always struggled with.

As I got older I grew out of that small crush...i think.

"Rory!" Billie yelled my name and snapped me out of my stare. I felt my cheeks immediately heat up from being caught staring at her.

"What? sorry I must've zoned out"

"Yeah.." Billie gave me a suspicious look and continued to talk to our friends.

I zoned out of everyone's conversation and started scrolling through social media's on my phone and waiting till lunch was over.

//

All of my classes finally were over and Billie, Ivy, and I were all at my house studying and working on homework.

"She's so hot" I heard Billie groan which made me look up from the homework I was working on.

"Who?" Ivy mumbled still focused on her work.

"Some girl from our school, I don't really remember her name. But she's beautiful jesus christ" she said as she showed us what was on her phone.

Billie always talks about girls being hot and stuff and every time Ivy or I ask if she likes girls or if we get suspicious about it, Billie's always quick to say she's straight. Alright keep telling yourself that baby.

I just silently rolled my eyes and went back to my work.

Randomly while we were working and talking to each other my stubborn bulldog Oliver walked into my room, slobber hanging out of his mouth and everything. He immediately jumped on Billie and started licking her face.

"Oliver!! stop!" she yelled with a big smile on her face trying to push him off of her.

"Oliver down!" I yelled.

He finally stopped and just lied down next to her while she pet him.

I found myself admiring Billie again for the thousandth time. i cant stop staring at her.

—————————————————————————
Hello! so this is like my first story I've written, and it's just been sitting in my drafts since January of 2021.I got kind of tired of writing it, and I also got a little embarrassed. I decided to start to edit it and rewrite stuff and it is now July of 2021, so hopefully I continued this story and ended up posting it. My writing isn't great but I hope you enjoy it.

Much love
<333