Lesson 11 - Shalltear's Impact

(Y/n) POV
———

Me and Albedo laugh as we talk about the book we read. Most of the books in my secret room are picture books, but a few are spell books, lore books, and information books.

The book we read last night was a picture book. The Three Little Pigs, a normal fairytale. What was funny though, was Albedo's reactions to the pages. At first she was shy and nervous, since she didn't understand what was going on, but once I told her it was okay to ask questions, she took that chance.

"Pigs? But aren't they non-anthropomorphic?'"

"I doubt a normal wolf would be able to blow a house down, is it a low level summon?"

"Why would anyone build their homes of  sticks and straw? Those pigs are strange.."

"These beasts must be low summons! They can speak!"

"They're friends now? What??"

"What a strange story, and it rhymed.."

I laugh. "And you thought they were real!" Albedo's face becomes red with embarrassment as she also remembers all those silly questions she asked. "I-I never knew about fairytales."

I hum as my giggles become under control again.

Albedo suddenly freezes as she pulls up a menu. I raise a brow in confusion and watch as she looks over it.

"Lady (Y/n).. it seems, Shalltear Bloodfallen, has turned against us." Albedo looks at me seriously.

I blink as my mind processes her words. "Shalltear... has turned against us?" I mutter quietly.

Albedo gives me a curt nod as she looks down. "What shall we do?" She raises her head back up.

My mouth opens and shuts, trying to find the right words. "W-Wait for Ainz.. we'll talk about what to do then.." I clench my fists as I turn away from Albedo and start walking down the hall. "Of course, Lady (Y/n)." I hear Albedo say.

I let out a short sigh as I try to understand what Albedo just told me. "Shalltear Shalltear Shalltear.." I growl.

My mind balances on anger and sadness, nearing the edge of numbness.

"Not again not again not again." I whine quietly. I start to stomp, my hand ruffling through my hair roughly.

"I barely even said bye to her!" I grumble. I stop walking, and just stand there as I go over my words. "I barely said bye to her.." I whisper.

'I was able to catch Shalltear before she left. I gave her a hug and said goodbye overall. Nothing big since I know she'll be back in one piece.'

My chest tightens as I start to remember.

'"Wait wait! Shalltear!" I run over to her as she walks down the purple hallway.

She quickly turns around once she hears me call out for her. "Lady (Y/n)? Is there something I may help you with?" She smiles at me.

I grin up at her and give her a hug—more like cling onto her dress.

She makes a surprised sound as she holds onto my upper back. "L-L-Lady (Y/n)?!" She stumbles on her words. I simply laugh and let go of her, leaving her a confused and slightly embarrassed mess.

"Have a good trip Shalltear! Bye!"

Shalltear stares at me stunned before smiling softly and hesitantly patting my head. "Of course, Lady (Y/n)."