Lesson 20 - Lizardmen

(3rd Person POV)
-

"When you actually bite them in half, it's like they melt in your mouth."

His brother's tail starts to slam against the floor now as he lets out a loud and frustrated growl.

"Sister-in-law always said your tail was too truthful, Brother."

"What? Damn that woman, making fun of her husband! And what's so truthful about it anyway? Ugh, if you ever knock that arrow, you'll know how I feel."

"I can't get married."

His brother chuckles airily. "Hmph, nonsense. Is it because of that mark?"

On Zaryusu's chest is the dark orange mark of a traveler.

"I once left the tribe and went outside as a traveler. My knowledge may be respected, but it doesn't change the fact that I'll be an outsider the rest of my life."

"The elders, huh?"

Zaryusu glances at him as he speaks.

"You know, this is truly magnificent--your..."

"...fish farm?" Zaryusu finishes his sentence.

"Yeah. No one in our tribe has ever done anything like this before."

"It's all thanks to you, as chief, Brother."

"Hmm? What did I do?"

"I know that you spoke to everyone on my behalf."

His brother grumbles and turns, walking away.

"Once they get a little larger, you're the first one I'll bring them to."

"Hmph, I'm looking forward to it."

-

In the village are huts made of wood and their roof's made of straw. Lizardman children can be seen running around, laughing, while their mother's watch from afar on their own porches. Lizardmen can be seen carrying large logs around and doing tasks that require more heavy lifting.

A sudden dark shadow ball, seemingly consisting of smoke, appears from the sky. They all look up at it while mutters of worry and fear fill the air as the shadow gets bigger, and bigger, and bigger, that it seems to cover the entire sky with the dark purple smog.

"Hide the children! Anyone not a warrior, take shelter in your homes!" Zaryusu's brother takes control, showing why he's village chief.

Zaryusu runs towards the village, as even he can see the growing dark smoke.

He gasps in shock as he arrives in the middle of the village, with the rest of the warriors.

A dark circle filled to the brim with terrified screaming faces descends upon them, the faces contorting every-which-way.

"Hear me! I have been sent by the Great Ones, as a herald!" The voice sounds like it's filled with static, and there are multiple, though they all have the same tone of voice.

"I declare death unto you!" It shouts.

-
A/N: End of Episode 1
-

"The Great Ones have mobilized an army to destroy you! Nonetheless, time has been granted unto you to allow you to mount a desperate, albeit futile resistance! Eight days from this day-- at that time, you shall be the second offering of death from among the Lizardmen tribes of this lake!"

"The second?" Zaryusu mumbles, stunned.

"Offer your desperate resistance, so that the Great Ones may sneeringly take delight! By no means forget! Eight days!"