Seven (承担) - We Met

╔ ═════༺ ༒ ༻ ═════ ╗

Without much awareness of the road or the path he was taking, Leorio focused on the way the stolen car engine sang. He relished the roaring winds that blew his black hair and whistled into his ears, It had eased the adrenaline he once felt.

The car he drove moved its way out of the highway, lights on full beam. Buildings after buildings came into his view sight, shops with dim lights close to turning off, restaurants with signs stating their closing. His eyes followed along each.

Lighting posts that reigned in the lonely streets were enough to lure him into an old memory.

His face sunk, his mind becoming cold and empty with the very sight of a breathless and colorless male. Years of their shared days rushed to his head as he slowly neared the male's bedside.

"I'm sorry . . I'm sorry." The repeated words were breathless as salty tears brimmed his eyes. "I'm sorry I couldn't get you your medicine . ."

With the littlest bit of strength, a soft and quiet voice came from the male.

"It . . . it's oh-okay . . So . . Society doesn't hel-help the poor." Breathing in the last bit of air he had with tears spilling from the side of his eyes the male finished. "Plea-please . . Please be the greatest doctor . . . Mr. Leorio . ."

The world had gone cold the way the male's body lay lifeless after his final words, His heart had stopped at the very sight.

Before his eyes, a figure walked out from an alleyway and for a second his body hesitated ahead of breaking. His body jolted forward.

The rush he once carried came running back, when he looked over at the figure who stood still staring straight at him.

Blood trickled and covered down their hands, legs, and into her clothing.

In front of the headlights, they looked like a deer with doe-like eyes, a tint of fear mixed with anger and numbness was there as they stared at each other before recovering from the shock.

The sight of blood becoming a norm for the male as he rolled down the car window and stuck his head out. "Are you alright? Do you need help?"

Looking back to where she had come from the (H/C) woman shook her head hesitantly. Her throat felt too dry to talk and her legs ached with how much she had run.

The male thought for a moment before nodding his head over to the passenger seat.

"Get in."

Once upon a time she would run the other way and do everything in her power to fight away but forgetting all societal rules, she didn't think twice and took the order to heart.

Silence rained on them when she closed the door and buckled up. For a moment the pain they each had on their shoulders was bared by one another even for the slightest second.

"Here." He pulled out a handkerchief from his suit and handed it to her.

She avoided all eye contact with him but took the cloth to wipe away the blood that was drying up on her hands.

In a moment of grief, the silence that filled the air between them soon turned into comfort as they drove into the night. Though unacknowledged of their troubles they bared them together.

Quietly.

© 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘣𝘺 𝘋𝘪𝘯𝘰, 𝘌𝘥𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘊𝘩𝘪𝘣𝘪