Eight (承担) - We Fought

╔ ═════༺ ༒ ༻ ═════ ╗

Basked in the silence and though strangers, two people felt relaxed in the comfort that came with no words spoken amongst them.

Watching over the freckled sky in the dark, the young woman regained the peace she had before her world had come crashing down. Instead of worry or fear, tiredness took its toll on her.

All while she focused on the starry night, the black haired young man drove them off to god knew where just following his own intuition rather than an actual guide; Passing, under-taking, and weaving as he pleased.

It wasn't until the man noticed a police car in the rearview mirror that panic surfaced within him.

No sirens or lights were a sign of them being on the job but the very sight brought him to fear the worst even then.

"Shit."

He muttered out curses after curses as he tried to maneuver away, his mind setting him up to give himself away had he punched the gas pedal.

Minutes drag on slowly as the woman finally catches onto what is happening to the point she turns towards religion. Muttering incoherent words over and over.

"What the hell are they doing?"

Continuously glancing over the mirrors, when still seeing the car the man took several turns left only to turn a several separate directions to lose the vehicle behind them.

The sudden disappearance of the police car wasn't enough for the male to ease up, he pushed the gas pedal and advanced faster than before to keep a distance.

Letting out choked out breaths, the woman's widened eyes slowly turned towards the man whose jaw and hands were clenched.

Each of them had not spoken of their sins rather they concluded to keep silent for the sake of their insanity but at this point all she wanted to do was confess though seeing how he appeared heavy on the road she gulped back her words.

From afar, basked in darkness and loneliness within his own mind. A blonde male walked recklessly around the bare streets in the night, his body no longer soaked but evident traces of his body tuning cold showed.

His body was already close to giving up as his body ached from all the walking and crashing into things on purpose but it was the shining headlights of an oncoming car that had him briefly holding onto himself as he stepped into the road.

Seeing the blonde figure stepping carelessly onto the road, the black haired man abruptly stopped the car while the woman on the passenger's seat held her breath and closed her eyes shut.

Aggravated and in need of some release after the prior encounter, the tall driver got off the car and rushed over to the blonde.

"What the hell is wrong with you!"

No response came from the young man and given that, the towering black haired man gave several blows towards the suicidal man who, in the end, could only laugh and smile it off.

Laughing like a maniac straight out of a psych ward. This was seen as the best way to end his life, in the hands of another but when the black haired male stopped giving into his anger, the blonde stood up and groggily walked away, annoyed by the absence of the strikes.

With silence between the two, the (H/C) young woman quietly walked over to the male she had gotten along with in such limited time. Both their gazes turned towards one another before they watched how the blonde stranger kept stumbling with each step.

The simple feeling of familiarity with the stranger was heavy for them to ignore, they figured he was just another soul lost in the growth of time.

A youth no longer.