Four(承受) - The Ruse

╔ ═════༺  ༒  ༻ ═════ ╗

Feet slip outwards on the wet floor as the figure rounds the corner, the adrenaline shocking their throat and lungs as they inhale deeper

Looking forward without daring to look back, the long-legged male ran with a briefcase close to opening up and spilling what was inside. His face was a mixture of healing gashes and bandages that were filled with filth.

"GET BACK HERE YOU BASTARD!"

The lead of the men chasing after the singular male called out to him with sweat having been dripping down his face and neck. His face burning red with fury, fumes could be seen coming out from his ears.

Even with green eyes focusing on any incoming close calls like last time, he could still hear their nosy pants from far away. He could tell they were being weighed down by their guns. All of them deemed useless to the one being chased.

The boost of adrenaline that felt like deja vu to the tall male, he indulged in a grin but it soon fades as he sees he is coming closer to a dead end.

Thinking on his feet, from the corner of his eye he sees a door close to shutting, if it weren't for his idea of throwing the half-assed case of his to prevent the door from closing he wouldn't have made it out alive as three males had seconds to slice the male's neck before he vanished.

A sigh of relief took over the male's lips when he adjusted himself and made sure the briefcase was intact. Nothing but the handle was broken and the items inside remained safe somehow.

"There are some girls that need a bartender, go help them out will you?" Another man, who seemed like he was in his early 20's came around and patted the male's shoulder as he walked by. A bottle of Hennessy in hand.

Finally acknowledging his surroundings, his ears perked up when music was drowning everyone else. On a second take, the male saw the area with confused eyes.

On the dance floor; beneath the dry-ice smoke swirled an array of blues, acid greens, hot pinks, and gold people enjoying themselves while drinking alcohol.

Green eyes trailed from the dance floor that had bodies grinding against bodies to the bar where a bunch of women gossiped together. With the look of priceless jewelry, expensive-looking clothing, and their mannerism as they drank their beverage he automatically picked up his targets.

"Give me this."

"Hey!"

The male carelessly took a cup of alcohol from someone nearby, no intention to drink the beverage was evident instead he walked closer to the rich girls.

A facade suddenly took over as he dipped his lips in the cold drink before forcing himself to clumsily stumble right over them. His hands wrapped around the two girls as he flashed a smile.

"What beautiful girls do we have here?" While one hand could hold both his briefcase and the drink the other took the opportunity of distraction to grab the car keys that were left unsupervised.

Both girls scoffed in disgust at the male's behavior before pushing him off.

Taking that as a sign to get away from his ruse, he spun around smoothly whilst hiding the keys from the girls and exited the place after handing his cup of alcohol to someone nearby. A calming feeling rose within the black-haired male as he accomplished living for the night.

But that subsided when he came across two men rounding the corner, he froze for what was a second before he carried on as if nothing was wrong. Beads of sweat forming on his temples.

"Hey, specks!"

The suited male froze once more with a gulp, trying to dissolve the thorns slowly caging his throat. He turned around to face the two men, one of which pointed a finger towards him while the other looked him up and down.

"You're a kid, aren't you?"

The suited male, puzzled by the questioning, furrowed his eyebrow while the men just laughed at his confusion.

"No idiot would walk into a club with a full suit and case unless they were a child trying to pass as an adult to enter the club."

They laughed mockingly in front of the male while he was trying to process what was happening.

"You wanted to experience some good ol' rum, no?" Upon closer expectation to the younger male, the one who sought him over spoke up and smacked his buddy beside him.

Upon realization, the suited male just walked away.

They were drunk.

Pissed out. Close to passing out.

Wouldn't be able to recall his face even if they tried an hour later.

He had gotten a car with a lucky ruse.

And nobody would be capable of remembering which way he went or where he is heading.

A sense of freedom took reign within him as he inhaled the scent of cloyingly fruity perfume that was sprayed all throughout the car but even with the distaste he didn't mind.

According to him, he had just pulled off the greatest ruse ever.

© 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘣𝘺 𝘒𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘋𝘪𝘯𝘰 𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 Dino