three

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

2000 years ago (3/3)ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹
life
/lʌɪf/
the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

6 years later

Ymir sat by the windowsill, watching the gardeners soil the ground and plant new seeds. It had been six years since she'd last seen or heard Layla, and there wasn't a day that went by that she wasn't on her mind.

Layla's torturous screams had long since ended around three to four years ago. Yes, Ymir had been keeping count.

It had been six years, and her life had changed massively. She had become a mother to three little blonde girls: Maria, Rose and Sina. She couldn't help but feel the motherly unconditional love for them, and even towards the king, although he treated her like nothing more than a slave still... she came to love him.

She didn't know why, she just did - even if there was a constant reminder from him that nagged her of her place and work, how she should be lucky that she wasn't killed off that day in the forest, and how he "saved her" from death by allowing her back in with "open arms."

He never dared to speak of Layla's name, even though once or twice he'd wondered how his kids may have looked if they had her dark curls, or her hazel eyes.

It had been six years, and on her lucky breaks Ymir was able to explore the remote parts of her home land, eventually coming across a gorgeous flower field. The cloak of flowers stretched out into the horizon, dancing against the breeze and glowing against the sun.

Ymir knew this was where she wanted to die.

It had been six years, and she was felt as if she were ageing. She was becoming weak and she knew it. She was starting to become tired and dizzy, she slept in more than usual and she couldn't move like she used to.

It had been six years, and Ymir knew her life was ending soon. Something in her heart told Ymir she would meet Layla soon. Where? She didn't know. The flowers tickled her body as she laid their peacefully and closed her eyes, resting her hands one on top of the other across her stomach.

It had been six years, and Ymir could finally rest.

***

Ymir's death was quickly followed by the king ordering her body to be brought to his daughters

Ymir's death was quickly followed by the king ordering her body to be brought to his daughters. There, her corpse was cut into pieces, and those pieces were served on a plate for them.

"Eat my daughters. Whatever it takes, you must inherit Ymir's powers. Eat all of her until nothing is left and then you must continue to give birth to many children and raise them, we can't let Ymir's blood die out.

When you, my daughters, die, let my grandchildren eat your spine and when my grandchildren die, those spines will be passed down from children to children.

"Even in the after, Eldia shall rule this world with its titans and they shall continue to reign forever. Forever as long as our reign knows no end."

***

Light coloured soils covered the ground and paths manifested as trails of light in the sky

Light coloured soils covered the ground and paths manifested as trails of light in the sky. A void of peaceful nothingness surrounded Ymir, who had gone back to how she was when inheriting her powers: her 12 year old body... and some reason, the place she was in made sense to her.

The paths interlinked with to two large pillars, the two coordinates. One was shining brightly, and the other was much fainter, dimmer. It was clearly obvious that each coordinate belonged to each twin. Ymir knew that they were connected through this power, and if she died... then Layla should've died too right?

So she sat. And she played with the soil while waiting, sculpting whatever she could think of. But Layla never came.

Ymir's eyes followed the paths in the sky that branched out of her coordinate as they continued to extend out further and further, making more connections with more of her ancestors of the future. Layla's continued to stayed dark, if anything it got darker. No branches emerged from it, no light, no sparks... nothing.

Layla's coordinate shook sometimes which made the whole of paths shake along with it. Ymir didn't know what would happen to her or to her ancestors if paths remained unstable like this.

The blonde laid down, she was bored. Usually she'd be out with her little bucket... feeding the pigs, or collecting water.

So she sat up, crossing her legs and moulded the soil into a little bucket that she could use. She picked up some soil and threw it in, just until the bucket was full.

Standing up, she hoisted the bucket over her shoulder and began to walk towards her coordinate, before beginning to construct large sculptures of her titan, as well as other titans.

All she had to do now was wait.

****
edited: 8/4/21
word count: 842