fourteen

⋆┈┈。゚❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ❁ུ۪ ❃ུ۪ ❀ུ۪ ゚。┈┈⋆

845
(3/3)

ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹
tears
/tɪə/
a drop of clear salty liquid secreted from glands in a person's eye when they cry or when the eye is irritated.
ع˖⁺ ☁⋆ ୭ 🕊.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹

Months had passed since

                                                   the incident, and little by little the bond between the two had strengthened. Ari had slowly learned to trust him, but not enough to tell him the weight she'd been carrying for the past 2000 years.

The reoccurring nightmares had ceased to die down, but Ari would always wake up to Zeke holding her in his arms - reassuring her that it was just a dream, that it wasn't real. She hadn't heard anything but words of approval from the devil, the voice gently ushering her to get closer to Zeke, to relish in the moments she was having with him.

"You've waited a long time for this," was what the devil had told her. The long and agonising wait for the feeling she had wished for had finally made its appearance.

She came to be in love, and she came to be loved. The one-sided emotion was no more, her half decided to join his willingly - finally making a whole.

***

Beautiful butterflies skimmed over the surface of the water, perching on rocks that peeked out from underneath. The gentle ripples slightly distorted her reflection, but it was clear to Ari that something was wrong with her.

"Zeke." She said, narrowing her eyes as she scanned them down the reflection of her body, fiddling with her necklace anxiously .

"Mmm?" Zeke replied, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind, kissing her cheek gently.

"I look fat."

Zeke scrunched his face at the unexpected comment. It had been nearly a year since they'd known each other, mere months since they had gotten together, and not once had he heard a single complaint about her body."...Pardon?"

"You heard me, I look fat, and my body hasn't changed in 2000 years," she snapped, glaring at her reflection.

"... O-ok, well have you eaten a lot lately?"