☞︎visiting hours☜︎

! SPOILERS FOR THE JANUARY 20, 2021 STREAM !
! LIKE MAJOR SPOILERS !
!! DON'T READ FURTHER IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED THE STREAM / VOD !!

• summary •
(y/n) goes and visits dream in prison.

• basics •
(y/n)'s pov

• words •
800 worss

• warnings •
ANGST, crying, reader is a dream apologist 😐😑😐

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

stumbling across the wooden road, the building in front of me starts to really tower. sam was in front of me, guiding me inside. once inside, we walked down corridor after corridor for what seemed like hours. finally, sam stopped and i halted as well, watching the man in front of me. he opened a door and pointed inside.

the room was filled with tables and chairs, yet at one, i saw clay. he was wearing your typical orange jumpsuit, chains connecting his wrists and ankles. he kept his hands in his lap and head on the table.

i give a look to sam and he only nods. he knew what i was asking. i make my way to the table and sit across him. i hear the door close again yet when i look up, sam is still standing in the room.

"clay?" i whisper. he picks his head up a little.

then fully.

"(y/n)?" his voice cracked, i assumed it was because he hadn't used it in weeks. "oh my god. oh my god." he continues his repeated phrase, stumbling over the words. i hush him softly and put my hands on the table. he glaces over to sam, who yet again nods.

clay places his hands on mine.

they lacked the normal warmth, now freezing cold to the touch. i almost flinch, but i don't want to pull away from his touch. then i see a tear cascade down his cheek. he closes his eyes tightly, trying to hide it.

"i'm here, i'm here." i whisper. although it was an attempt at comfort, clay starts crying harder. i move my hands to they're properly holding his hands and not his grasping mine.

"i've missed you. i've been so alone. it's so dark and- and i can't talk to anyone." he rambles. if it wasn't for the obscenely large table, or sam standing in the door, i would've leaned over and kissed him. maybe to shut him up, maybe to just kiss him again.

"i know, i know, that's why i'm here." i tighten my grip on his hands. he returns it, squeezing a little harder. it stayed like this, silent for a moment.

"did you ever get ahold of technoblade?" his tone was now more hushed than sad, like earlier. i shake my head no.

"don't know where he lives or how to reach him." clay's head falls hopelessly back down to the table. we stay here for the rest of our time. holding hands, his head down, and mine looking softly at his hair.

"okay, (y/n), we've gotta go." sam speaks. i look up reluctantly, tears now building in my eyes. i stay in my seat still, not wanting to move yet.

"it'll be okay, clay. i'll get you out of here. you haven't done anything wrong." i slowly stand up, and he does too. he keeps his hands in mine as the chains click together, making my ears ring. "stay strong in here."

"please don't leave me." he whispers, waddling towards me to hug me. i go to wrap my arms around his torso before sam steps in.

"(y/n), no, we've gotta go." sam pulls me away, walking back to the door. dream follows me with his eyes, now sobbing.

"please! (y/n) please! don't leave me here! (y/n)!" the man in orange yells out. just as he starts to step forward, a man i didn't even recognize or see came from the shadows and started pulling him away. "no! (y/n), please, please please! i don't want to go back!"

i start crying harder, sam, who's hand was now on my arm, continues pulling me away. it didn't hit me we were walking away until we were in the doorway.

"clay! i'm so sorry! i'll be back." before i could say anything else, sam had pulled me out and closed the door. i could hear his laughs drown out upon the door closing. it was sound proof.

"clay-" my voice wavers. sam pulls me along, sparing me a sympathetic smile. i choke out a sob, looking over my shoulder to the door we just left.

"come on, (y/n), let's get you home." sam leads me out of the prison. opening the big doors, the sunlight burns at my eyes. the contrast between the dark prison and the noon sunlight of the world.

sam leads me back to my house silently. as i walk in, sam stops me.

"hey," i turn to him, tears still steadily falling down my cheeks. "i'll make sure he stays safe. we're putting him in there to keep him safe and monitor him. everything's going to be okay." i nod and go back inside.

everything's going to be okay.

right?

yeah. technoblade owes him a favor anyways.

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

• author's note •
hello! i promise i'm writing all the requests!! i'm sorry it's taking so long. anyways,,, dream in jail crabrave
-z

• 21.01.21 •