chp 23

Time skip to 2 years.

Jennifer's POV

I am free now!!! The next day when all this started, i searched for the contract we signed in the beginning and noticed the date of termination which was the date i ran away. I gave everyone a silent treatment but to be honest i was actually numb. There was just too much in my plate and so i decided to eat it one by one. 1st thing i decided to do was get out of that house cause i know i won't be able to live much longer there. But since doctor came yesterday, all the confusion was kinda clear so i knew he would come back to me when he add things but I can't be in his reach so i left the whole country. I am being serious. I left New York, USA and now i am in Canada. There no way he can find me cause neither i will contact anyone nor he knows that i have a visa. I actually applied for visa on the day when i searched for the contract and with the help of my college friend, i got it earlier than expected. I left him a note to confirm that he's free now and can hit on whatever girl he likes. Actually i just wanted some space out of that shit. I really needed a break and i believe that taking a break is okay but cutting off completely won't be good cause afterall they are my people. So i am planning to contact them the time when i feel i should. Since the moment i got out of that house, i started thinking for myself and living for myself and believing in myself. Being selfish isn't always bad.

It's been almost 2 year already since i came in Canada. I thought while sitting in a café drinking my coffee. It just feels like all this happened just a week ago but no it's been a lot of time. I think Emma and Andrew and Chris and Noah must have a healthy and better relationship now. About Ash....... I don't have much idea but maybe he's with someone too. Although i left New York 2 year ago but i still miss them.

"What's up?" He asked sitting next to me. "Nothing just..." I paused to think what to say. "Again spacing out?" He asked. "Um...yeah just past y know." I told him with a weak smile. "Ahh come on Jenni, no matter how much i try to cheer you, you always go back to your past. See i think the best way to get over this is by accepting it that it's gone now and won't come back but you need to live so just move on. Your young and have a career so focus on it." He said. "Yeah..." I replied still unsure. "Ohh come on, your gonna be late. Let's go." He said asking me to come with now cause i am actually gonna be late if i sit there more.

Ohhh i didn't tell you right? Since i am a phd in English, i used that here to get a job. My job is to describe about things nicely like some company introduction or about a place and all (idk what that job is called :-P) Since i came here, there's always one person who's back i always have no matter what...... it's Alex. The one to whom i had a conversation just now. He's my very very distant cousin and luckily no one, not even Chris knows Alex because Alex and his family left USA long time ago so Chris must not remember him but i had his instagram id so i knew and contacted him. He gave me an appartment to live, recommended me for a job, gave some living allowance for my first month here. He always supports me and help me during my mental breakdowns and is now my bff. What else do you need people? I am very happy and satisfied with my life right now but i know i should contact my family soon cause they might be worried.

I entered my building and was about to go to my cabin when i heard someone calling me, "hey Jennifer" she said "yes" i replied. "Your being called by boss." She said. "Is he angry Cindy?" I asked boss's assistant. "I don't think so." She said calmly. "Okay then thanks." I told her. "Bye" she replied. What's wrong now? Did asked his son out? Or did i hit the building wall with my car? Tho I don't have one. "Excuse me sir..?" I knocked at the door. "Come in" he replied still looking down at some document. "Is there anything i can help you with?" I asked politely. "Yes, i need you to go to New York in the coming week." He said and i felt numb. New York??? Why??? Did Ash find me or what? "Sir may i know the reason please?" I pleaded. "There's a company who demanded your writing for a new product that they'll be launching soon. So they want you to brief it with creativity." He told me. Ohh that's the case. I think I'll have to go cause I can't refuse it when I can't tell a genuine reason. I need to take precautions. "Okay sir." I replied. "Rest of the information, you will get it from the manager." He said and i took a leave from there.

Ohh God i don't want to go back there. I am very happy here but I can't refuse it as refusing it means going against company without a good reason and i know how much Alex must have tried to get this job for me. I looked at my phone for time and realised that i just have 5 days to go!! Oh noo i am so not prepared to see any of them. How am i gonna handle it? I called to Alex and asked him to accompany me to New York cause i think that he can keep me safe and far away from them since he's the only one i trust here. He agreed as he had some leaves pending so he can use them there. It's not like I don't want to see them, it's just i am not ready to face them as i ran away from there. I need some time. When I'll truly feel comfortable and ready, I'll definitely contact them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you liked the chapter (◕ᴗ◕✿)
Loads of love to y'all 💞