𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
THE WILD
ARGUMENT
1.2
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

All the good girls go to hell
'Cause even God herself has enemies
And once the water starts to rise
And heaven's out of sight
She'll want the devil on her team
| All the Good Girls Go to Hell
- Billie Eilish

All the good girls go to hell'Cause even God herself has enemies And once the water starts to rise And heaven's out of sight She'll want the devil on her team | All the Good Girls Go to Hell - Billie Eilish

↱ ↰
I bet you're wondering what Gossip Girl is going up so early. Truth is, I never went to bed. Why waste precious time dreaming when waking life is so much better?
Is there really anything better thank a lazy Sunday? Reading the paper in bed, sipping coffee. Scrambling an egg or two? Yeah right. We Upper East Siders don't do lazy. Breakfast is brunch, and it comes with champagne, a dress code and a hundred of our closest friends. And enemies. Chuck's dad Bart is hosting the annual brunch for his foundation. Everyone is invited.
Well, not everyone.
XOXO. Gossip Girl.
↳ ↲

New York never slept. With the wannabes working to rise up and the socialites always on top - working, drinking and scheming, the city was always awake. Sunday mornings weren't any different. Isabella was getting ready for the Bart Bass annual brunch, curling her blazing red hair.

Isabella Queen disliked Bart Bass. More like hated, who was measuring the level of hatred she felt for the man. Definitely not her. She tried telling herself it was because he was a cold, arrogant person who's only concern was his fortune but she knew that wasn't true.
He had an affair with your mother. No! That wasn't it. It was purey hatred because he was awful to Charles. You don't even like Chuck. Admit it- you still give your mother every ounce of attention she doesn't deserve. And that was true. She hated that her mother still had an impact on her.

She wished this time would be different, that she wouldn't get the urge to go and punch his nose. It was a new year after all. More lies, secrets and drama was stirring and this time the feisty redhead wasn't in the centre of it all. Maybe she would get lost in the pettiness of whatever fight was happening and she wouldn't even notice the older Bass. She could watch from the sidelines as the elites hunt each other down like animals, the pyramid of social monarchy falling. She could just sit and observe, just like they had when her world was falling apart, leaving her wounded. She was certain she wouldn't be the one left bleeding this time.

↱                                                    ↰
Spotted: sunglasses shielding her face, papers in hand- Isabella Queen exiting the Ross Law Firm, what are you fighting for now Queen Iz? Is there another scandal awakening?
XOXO. Gossip Girl.
↳                                                  ↲

"You have that look on your face. What's happening?" The Queen girl asked Chuck as she entered the hall to the Bass brunch.

"Just wait." He said, taking a sip from the scotch in his hand. It was 10am! He was definitely going to be an alcoholic by the age of 30. A nuisance on his face.

"Oli, why don't you go and find Samantha and have something to eat." She gushed Oliver who was tucking on her dress. Chuck's look mainly meant two things- either he had found a new female to sleep with, who 'was playing hard to get' (it could most likely be a possibility that the girl just despised the Bass), or he was watching drama unravel which he somehow, in a twisted way always had something to do with.

"She was waiting in a hotel room. For my boyfriend!" The Waldorf girl revealed, a devilish smile overtaking her features.

Yikes!

"To talk." The blonde muttered defensively. She was either completely stupid, or she had whatever guy from poor- land ahoy wrapped around her finger. Isabella's bet was on the prior.

"About why we weren't talking." Nate added, trying to make sense. Talk about excuses.

"That doesn't sound any smarter the second time." Blair huffed angrily.

"You actually said that and thought it would be okay to say it again?" Isabella comments, chucking the last bit of her champagne. All eyes turned to her and Serena uttered a small 'not the time Iz' which Isabella ignored.

"Why weren't you talking?" Serena's latest boy toy asked sounding actually.... hurt? Oh poor boy! "Does this have anything to do with why you were waiting for Serena this morning?"

"You were what?" Blair asked shocked and angry. It shouldn't come off as a surprise. Nate was surely in love with the Van Der Woodsen girl, and everyone knew it- except maybe Blair who tried convincing herself otherwise.

"And I thought you were waiting for me." Chuck said with a mocking hurt, his usual devilish smirk playing on his lips. The group of teenagers were now all looking at each other's faces. Hurt, betrayal and lies unraveling.

The argues for what felt like forever but was probably 15 minutes. They were hunters preying on their preys, betraying 'friends' who they thought they were better from, desperately filling the black void in their chests that their parents abandonment, lack of emotions and love had caused. Trying that the money and luxury that they owned could somehow make the feeling of lonesome go away. That they could somehow except themselves for who they were if they covered it up with money for the outside world to unsee.

In that moment, they stood naked to their souls- not masking their words or expressions. They were all still narcissistic, arrogant, bitchy and egotistic teens with their walls tent up too high (well not the Brooklyn boy) but maybe, just maybe something more?
Serena was just another girl trying so desperately to change, to be better.
Chuck wasn't an entitled jerk- thought he was, but also a broken boy who hated who he'd become, embracing who he though was his true self.
Dan was just another guy clinging to his chances to get in, to be known.
Blair was a girl betrayed by her best friend and the person she loved. Turning her sadness and sorrow into anger mad pettiness. Or something that part was the Blair Waldorf.
Nate, though a good guy was just trying to be different from his 'cliché' - change the path that was set for him.
Isabella looked looked around the room and everything was quite, she was just another soul no one will remember in the next 5 years if she seized out of existence. Broken and alone.

Well, Serena's mystery man is a mystery so longer. His name is - oh who cares? Now that he and S are over, so are his 15 minutes. But his sister Jenny was spotted with a new dress gifted from Blair herself. Everyone knows an Eleanor original is the uniform of B's private army. But will J be a loyal soldier, or will she side with S's rebel forces? And for S herself? We hear that she left today's brunch... with no friends, no boy and nowhere to run. It looks like the ultimate insider has become a total outsider. It's your move Serena and don't worry Isabella, we still think you're hiding something. And you know who'll be watching.
You know you love me,
XOXO. Gossip Girl.

words:1200