𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
DAMSEL IN
DISTRESS
1.5
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙
All my past lives
They've got nothing on me
Golden eagle, you're the one and only
Flying high
Through the cities in the sky
| Past lives
- Børns

↱                                                         ↰With N helping to close the family yacht for the season, B is free to focus on the most important events of the fall- Her annual sleepover, a tradition since 2000, each more decadent than ...

With N helping to close the family yacht for the season, B is free to focus on the most important events of the fall- Her annual sleepover, a tradition since 2000, each more decadent than the last. No expense or reputation is spared.
With everything from truffles in place, all that's missing is sleepover star and Waldorf BFF Serena Van Der Woodsen. And Isabella you may ask, is MIA. She won't miss B's sleepover, now will she?
XOXO. Gossip Girl.

Crimson red pumps clicking on the hardwood floor, Isabella exited the vintage building of 'The Ross Law Firm'. Fiddling with her flip phone in one hand, while the other held 'The Proof of Emancipation' she had just gotten - she dialed the number she knew all too well.

Coming to a halt stop, Isabella took a deep breathe, brushing the hair out of her eyes which now rested on the small of her back and straight-end the diamond ring she wore in her middle finger.
The Manhattan air was too cold for that time of the year. A shiver ran down her back at the thought of being alone on thanksgiving. Again. She needed to get a grip on herself. Like now. As Gossip Girl would say- Getting what you want always comes with strings attached, and Isabella was winding up the thread.

"Hey B." She said into the phone when she finally had courage to speak.

'Hello loves, you've reached Blair Waldorf. I can't take your call right now because I'm probably really busy. Leave a message and if I like you enough I'll call you back. Cheers.'

The Waldorf girl's voicemail rang and the redhead patiently waited for the 'beep'. "I know you are probably busy with your soirée and I hate to do this, especially over the phone- but I can't make it today." Isabella let out a sigh. Whether it was relief or tiredness, she wasn't sure. "It took longer than expected with... with the lawyer, but don't worry I'm a free woman now. Yeah!!" She wanted to sound happy but she had too much on her mind for that. Her voice came out anything but. "I still need to figure out about Oli so I need to do that today. I promise I'll make it up to you. Bye." Flipping her phone, she slid it inside her jacket pocket and walked ahead, the wind blowing her hair slightly.

One less thing to worry about.

Rolling her eyes at the latest Gossip Girl blast, Isabella found herself once again in a pool of pages. She was looking for anything and everything. Apparently giving custody of a 6 year old child to a teenage when both parents were still alive was harder than the redhead had thought. She imagined she'd figure something out by now... it had been 6 months after all and law was supposedly in her blood- she was the daughter of Steven Lee Queen after all, and while the name was nothing more than a name to the redhead it had a effect on the people of New York. Damn fools.

'Turn around, look at what you see.'

While she stressed over the documents she so desperately needed, a song by 'Gabriella Pizzolo' played on the record player.
She felt like crying, it was helpless to figure this out without actually calling one of her parents.

She didn't want to. She so didn't want to.

She hadn't talked to her father in...a year? Or probably more than that. She didn't actually blame him for leaving their home, but she blamed him for leaving her- for leaving Oliver. She blamed him for not changing the nature of their dynamic.
He loved his children.

She knew that.

While her mother was god knows where sleeping with men, or boys not much older than Isabella, Steven Queen had actually stayed.... around. Well, he wasn't actually there but at least he remembered them. At least he was paying whatever money Isabella spent on herself and the younger Queen. At least he sent them both birthday cards.
But that wasn't enough.

She was a 17 years old girl and she wanted to feel like it. God! She sounded like a brat.

Truth to be told, Isabella Queen wanted things to be just the way they were 18 months ago. So what if her mother was a lying narcissist who had been cheating on her ever so loving husband for so many damn years ( she had only admitted to 2 but Isabella and Steven knew better). At least they were happy, at least they appeared (somewhat) normal.

'In her face, the mirror of your dreams.'

Tired of self pity and loathing, she got up— and left the custody of her younger brother to be figured out by the lawyers she actually was paying. Well, her father was- the irony of that sentence almost made her laugh.

'Make believe I'm everywhere, given the light.'

Pulling out some white Nike sneakers and running shorts- she probably hadn't wore since middle school— they fit well enough for her 17 year old body, she exited the apartment she'd spent the last 5 hours locked in.

Her chewing gum popped, leaving an intoxicating cherry flavor on her tongue- she liked it.

And even though everything was falling apart, it felt good to just breathe. To be just Isabella. Not a Queen, a sister- just a nobody.

At lest for now.

words: 938