Chapter 53. Forever

LISA

"Lisa."

I was busy editing some pictures when someone called. I looked at the direction where the voice came from. It was Nayeon, with those concerned eyes. But what surprised me was when I saw who's behind her. He's wearing a black tuxedo while his hands are inside his pockets. I haven't seen him ever since.

We are currently here in the building's rooftop while holding a can of soda. Up in here, you can see the beautiful view of the entire Seoul. The nice weather today adds the pleasing ambiance.

"It's been a while." I started.

He looked at my direction. "Yeah. It's been a while since the last time I came here."

I drank my soda and continued. "How are doing now? I bet being a new CEO is really cool."

He was laughing hard and shook his head in disbelief. "If you only just knew Lis, being a model is much better than facing mountains of papers to be signed everyday."

Jackson resigned being a model and focused on running their company. I could tell he is really matured enough being in a new environment. He looked my way with the seriousness in his face.

"Lis."

"Hmm?" I hummed in response.

"I just want to say sorry for what happened way back then. For being so rude to you. From what happened to you with Nancy and with Jennie as well."

I looked above as I sighed deeply. I know this man is the reason of Nancy and I's break up and Jennie's disappearance because of fixed marriage between them. I should be angry with what he did but I just can't. Maybe because it's already in the past and us talking like this makes the both of us at peace.

I looked at him and smiled. "Let's just forget about it Jackson. I already forgave you. And maybe all of those are meant to happen that leads me to find Jennie. And it's the best thing that ever happened to me."

Jackson tapped my back. "Oh, look who's whipped for someone." He laughed and continued. "Thanks Lisa. But can I have a favor?"

I was confused but just gave away. "Oh, okay. What is it?"

"As I entered this building, I saw this woman in your department."

"And?" One of my eyebrows raised in suspicion. He looked down while holding his name in shyness.

"Can I ask for her name and number?"

"Jackson!" He laughed so hard while showing me his peace sign.

----------

Kkrriiinnnggg!

I was preparing my things when my phone rang. It was Jennie. It was her day off today so she just stayed home.

"Hi hon. I miss you."

"I miss you too honey. Are you going home now?" Jennie asked.

"Yeah, just doing few stuff and I'll be home. Why?"

"Can you drop by the convenient store and buy me my favorite jellies?" I was laughing as I heard this. Her love of jellies makes me think that she's still a baby. My baby.

"Yes hon. No worries."

I could hear her small squeal in excitement. "Thanks hon. See you!"

I ended the call with a big smile on my face. I can't wait to go home now and see my girlfriend.

-----------

I parked my car on the garage and noticed the light is still off inside. Did Jennie went out? I slowly walked towards the door and noticed that it's open.

"Jen?"

No one answered.

"Jennie? Where are you?" I slowly walked inside the house, looked for the switch and turned it on. Someone quickly jumped on me that that both of us went on the floor. Jennie had this guilty look in her eyes. I wanted to laugh but her expressions make her really cute. So I bit my tongue and put my serious face on.

"I'm really sorry Lisa. I didn't mean to hurt you." She stated while playing her fingers as we both stood up.

"Don't do that again." I shortly replied and quickly walk passed by her because anytime by now, my face will give away. I went to the kitchen to drink some water when I noticed a lot of foods on the table. I looked back at her, confused.

"Any occasion?" Her face suddenly changed. Her cat-liked eyes seemed to cut me within my flesh just by looking at me.

"Oh nothing. Just eat your dinner. I'm going to sleep now." She's about to walk away when I suddenly grabbed her arm and pushed her on kitchen counter.

"Lisa. I'm tired. I want to rest."

"Tell me first what on your mind and what's with that sudden change of your mood." I know why she's like this but I want to tease her more. It's our "mini date" today and I just acted I forgot about it. I wanted to surprise her.

"Forget about it. Now, let me go." She started to raise her voice. I don't want to ruin this night for her. So I have to reveal my surprise. I got my car keys from my pocket and gave it to her.

"What will I do with this?" She replied with annoyance in her voice.

I grabbed her arm as I bring her outside towards my car. She looked at me with confusion.

"Just open it Jen."

She looked at me one last time before she put the key on the door and opened it. She saw her favorite jellies and ...

"Lisa, I only told you to buy jellies but why is there chocola-"

As she closed the door she saw me there holding a black box in front of her. My hands is shaking but I don't care.

"L-lisa." She uttered my name with her shaky voice as well.

"Jen, you know how important you are to me. From the very beginning, I am very lucky to have you by my side. And all I want is to be by your side forever. So Jennie ..."

I slowly kneeled my left knee while looking at her lovingly. "... will you marry me?"

She just looked at me and didn't answer which makes me really nervous. Is she gonna reject me? Is she's not ready yet?

Moments passed but not a single word came from her. I know the answer already. I just thought we're on the same page, but I guess it's not.

I was about to stand when she suddenly pushed my body hard on the car and quickly captures my lips softly that made my eyes widened in surprise. After a while, she pulled away with tears flowing down on her cheeks.

"Jen."

"Don't doubt with me. Okay? Yes Lisa. I will marry you."

I don't know how that happened but I suddenly grabbed her by her waist and sprung her around that made her squeal. I was smiling so wide that mirrored her as well. I put her down and she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Jen, you're beautiful."

"You're more beautiful Lisa. Period." I laughed at her reply.

"I'm lucky to have you Jen. Period."

"I'm yours now Ms. Manoban. Period."

"You're mine now soon-to-be Mrs. Manoban."

And the conversation then sealed with a kiss. I might witnessed a harsh and painful past, but what's important now is the present and the future together with the one's I love. And it's J-E-N-N-I-E.

JENNIE.

THE END. ❤️

---------------