Chapter 36. Matchmaker

JENNIE

We laughed so hard watching those 3 running around the room. Even if Lisa was so angry right now, I know the fact that she loves Jisoo and Seulgi so much.

Someone tapped my shoulder and it was Chaeyoung. "Jen, thank you for inviting us here."

"No worries Chaeng. I want you all to be here on Lisa's birthday." I replied while still looking at Lisa. I'm the one who told them to be here for Lisa's birthday surprise. Luckily, they all agreed.

Irene nudged my side while smiling cheekily. "You're whipped Jen."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes at them while laughing.

"You know what Jen, I've never seen this side of Lisa. She matured so much and handled herself smoothly. I've known her for a long time because of Seulgi. I could tell she's so in love with you."

"Yeah, I agree. I know she's really a good person." Chaeng seconded. "She didn't hesitate to help you at that time in the convenient store. I think you two are really destined for each other."

I looked back at Lisa's place and smiled. Everything seemed perfect when she came into my life.

"By the way Jen, have you ever talked to your mom?" Chaeyoung asked. Since the accident, I haven't talk to her. They told me everything but I didn't have the courage to talk to her. I could tell Lisa wanted me to talk to her but I don't think now is the time. After what had happened, I don't think I can forgive her that easily.

I moved my head from left to right without looking at them. "No."

"Oh, okay." She quickly ended the conversation when she noticed how uncomfortable I am. Jisoo and Seulgi then ran at my back to escape from Lisa.

"Jennie, help us."

"Yeah. Save us from hell Jennie."

I chuckled hearing their pleas. They're like scaredy cats. Lisa was about to grab them but I held her hand to calm her down.

"Stop it now Lisa. They're here to celebrate you birthday. Just forget what happened earlier. Okay?"

Lisa sighed deeply before giving the two with her warning look. She looked at me as a surrender. "Okay. If it's not because of Jennie, the two of you might be skinned alive."

Chaeyoung and Irene laughed at Lisa's statement while the other two looked down in embarrassment. I changed the topic to forget what had happened.

"Okay, you can put your things on the other room. Just take a nap now because we'll go somewhere later."

Lisa's eyebrows ceased in confusion while looking at me. "Where?"

"You'll see later Lisa. You'll see." I smiled as I entered our room to prepare.

----------

After all of us prepared our things, we went outside and took a cab. Lisa bombarded me with a lot of questions as to where we were going but I just disregarded it. I wanted to make a surprise for her. I knew it was not that extravagant but I wanted it to be a memorable one.

Before we went here, I already booked a 3-days and 2-nights stay on a small beach resort near our hotel. Nayeon said that to me Lisa enjoyed having this kind of getaway. And I want her to experience this on her birthday.

Lisa and I seated at the back of the cab when she held my hand while looking outside. "Are we going on a beach resort Jen? How did you know that I love them?"

"I have my sources Lis. And it's your birthday you know. You deserve to really enjoy this vacation."

Lisa held my face and kissed me on the lips not minding the cab driver in front of us. "You're the best Jen. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome Lisa. I hope you'll enjoy it." I replied while leaning her hands.

"Of course. Especially you being here by my side all the time." She giggled while squishing my cheeks. I winced in pain and was about to scold her when I remembered it's her birthday. I don't want to ruin it. So I just didn't mind it.

Not a while, we arrived at the resort and went on our separated rooms in pairs. We decided that we'll meet on the buffet area after we had done unpacking our things. Jisoo and Chaeyoung were somewhat hesitant as they knew they will be staying in the same room. I wonder how they would handle this. We all know there's this attraction between this two but they didn't have the courage to confess to each other.

----------

CHAEYOUNG

I was in complete shock knowing that Jisoo and I will be sharing the same room. It was Jennie's idea. She said she'll help me with Jisoo unnie but I didn't know she would be doing this.

Chaeng, calm down.

Chaeng! You and Jisoo inside a room, alone? Oh my God!

"Chaeng?"

"Chaeng!"

I was back in my thoughts when Jisoo unnie shook my body. I noticed we're the only one behind.

"Where are they?" I couldn't hide the panic in my voice while looking around.

Jisoo chuckled softly while shaking her head. The sound of her laugh felt like in heaven. I wanted to hear that more often. "They already left to their rooms. I went to the front desk to get our room key but it seemed you're too occupied. Are you okay?" She moved closer while holding my arms once again. I think I might die due to hyperventilation.

"I'm okay. We should go now." I picked my bags and walked briskily away from her. I need to breath properly.

"Chaeng, wait!"

"What?!" I didn't realized I replied her a tone higher than intended. She laughed awkwardly while holding her name.

"That's the buffet area. Our room is this way." She pointed the other side of the building. I facepalmed myself for acting dumb.

"Yeah, this way." I said while looking at the floor due to embarrassment. Jisoo unnie walked behind me while smiling.

We arrived at our room which is in between of JenLisa and SeulRene's room. I moved aside so that Jisoo unnie can open it. My eyes widened looking on the inside. Jennie Kim, I will really kill you!

"Oh, there's only one bed." Jisoo unnie said while putting her things on the side. This is so awkward! I don't know what's going on in Jennie's mind for having this. We're not a couple for Christ's sake.

NOT YET.

"Look unnie, I'm so sorry for making you feel uncomfort-"

"It okay Chaeng. Let's just enjoy our stay. Okay?" Jisoo unnie said while holding both my shoulder. We were face to face as she looked at me.

I don't know if it's just me, but I noticed Jisoo sudden expression. Her grip on my shoulder tighten as her face moved closer towards mine. She closed her eyes as I felt her lips touched mine. I automatically closed my eyes as well while processing what had just happened. It was just a peck but it sends jolts to my entire body.

"Yow! Jisoo, don't take too long! I'm hungry. You can continue that later." We both jumped in surprise hearing Seulgi's voice behind the door. She was startled without looking at me.

"I'm coming!" Jisoo unnie's eyes widened as I shouted. My voice cracked and it seemed different. Different laughs can be heard outside.

"We'll just go first Chu. I think you're not hungry anymore." Lisa said as all of them where laughing so hard. Jisoo unnie looked down and blushed in embarassment.

---------------