Chapter 37. Promise

LISA

It was already night time when we went towards the buffet area to grab our dinner. Chaeyoung and Jisoo was left at their room. This resort served different Korean foods which made my mouth water. The place is not that grand compared to other resorts but it's relaxing since only few people checked in.

Seulgi and Irene went and grabbed their foods while Jennie didn't made a single move. She just stared at me.

"What?"

"Let's leave them. I'll show you something." I was about to protest when she grabbed my hand and dragged me all the way to the beachfront.

"Jen?" I asked curiously.

She held my hand as we kept on walking. "Just trust me. Okay?" She smiled but I noticed there's this nervousness written on her face.

We arrived on a big rock facing the ocean. We climbed and sat on the higher portion. The sound of the waves made the scene more serene.

"Jen?"

She pulled something out from her pocket and it looks like a small organza pouch. I'm still confused as to what she is up to. She sighed deeply before looking into my eyes. All I could see is the pure admiration.

"Lisa." She held my hand as she moved closer to me. "It's been a while since we know each other. I know for the fact that when I first saw you that night, you'll be someone special to my heart." She showed her gummy smile that made my heart go crazy.

"You helped me through my lowest points and you're here when I am the happiest. I have grown a lot all because of you." I don't know but there's a sudden chance in her expression. She opened the pouch revealing two platinum and rose gold rings. I widened my eyes with a complete awe.

"Lisa, it's not that expensive compared to other rings but I want to give this to you as a sign of my promise." She took the bigger ring and put it on my ring finger.

"I gave this ring as a sign of promise that I will be with you through our ups and downs. Lisa, I promise to commit to this relationship and that I'm yours. Whenever you look in this ring, I hope it reminds you of my promise to never stop loving you. I love you Lisa. And I promise to love you for the rest of my life." She said while looking at me sincerely. I don't know how did it happened but my tears cascading non-stop down to my cheeks. How I became so lucky to have her in my life?

She held my face and wiped my tears with her thumb. "Shhhh. Don't cry please? You don't like it?" I know she's being strong in front of me but I could also hear the crackness in her voice.

I shook my head strongly that made her chuckle. "No Jennie, I love it."

"Wow. That's good to hear." She laughed softly.

"Can I have the other ring?" She gave it to me with teary eyes.

"Jen, I love you more than my life. I thought I would never experience this again. You came into my life unexpectedly. But I know how God made this perfectly. Being with you is the greatest blessing that I have. And I promise you, here at this moment to love you and to be with you forever." I took her hand and put the ring as well. She quickly hugged me that made me smile widely. I pulled away and kissed her on the lips that made the both of us cried. But this time, it's because of pure happiness.

----------

"Where have you been?" Chaeyoung asked as we arrived at the buffet area. They already ate while Seulgi and Irene went to the far end of the area having their own moment.

Jisoo looked at us teasingly. "Did the two of you -"

"No!"

"Of course not!"

Jennie and I shouted simultaneously that caught attention to the other vacationers. We bowed and said our sorry while looking back at Jisoo.

"What? You're too defensive. I'm just asking if the two of you had dinner already." I was about to smack her head when Jennie held my hand. Chaeyoung widened her eyes while looking at our hands.

"Ahhhh! Congratulations to the both of you!" Chaeyoung squealed while hugging Jennie. I looked at Jennie who is as confused as me.

"Chaeng, what are you talking about?" This time, it's Irene who asked. Seulgi and her came to our place.

"You haven't seen this?" She raised Jennie's hand and mine where the promise ring was located.

"Guys, you misunder-"

"Oh my God! Congrats Jennie and Lisa."

"No. It's just a promi-"

"Yay! This calls for a celebration. Let's go!"

They didn't listen to our explanation and went straight to the bar area. Jennie looked at me while shaking her head. "Maybe we'll tell them some other time."

"Yeah, they're happier than us." I replied while kissing her forehead.

"JenLisa, come on now. Drinks are on me." Seulgi shouted that Jennie and I laughed in their antics.

We had our drinks and decided to stay on the beachfront while having a bonfire. Chaeyoung and Jisoo borrowed some blankets from the resort staff to keep us warm. They came back with blankets and a guitar.

"Where did you get that Chaeng?" Jennie asked her while caping the blanket. I moved closer to keep her body warm.

"I saw it on the receiving area. I asked if I can used it and they gladly let me."

"Oh, so you're a guitar lover. Jisoo loves a girl who plays guitar." Irene said while looking at Jisoo. We haven't started our drinking session but Jisoo was a blushing mess.

Chaeyoung laughed awkwardly. "I used to play this instrument since elementary. Jennie and I always hang out with my guitar at home but I haven't used it these past few months since I'm very busy at work."

This time, I was the one teasing these two. Chaeyoung was a red as tomato.

"Okay. Stop teasing these two already and let's start." Jennie interrupted while raising her bottle. "For Lisa's birthday. Cheers!"

"Cheers!"

The night was filled with different songs and laughter. Being with these people made this celebration so special. But little did I know that this will be the last time I'm gonna see those precious smiles of Jennie Kim.

---------------