Chapter 4. Photoshoot

LISA

After I exited the guestroom, I looked at the scattered petals all around the house. I just can't believe that I made a surprise for her but on the other hand, I was the one who was surprised. How come a four-year relationship turned into a disaster? I trusted Nancy so much. And it really hurts thinking that I witnessed it right before my eyes.

I went to the kitchen and looked for garbage bags. These must be cleaned before Jennie wakes up. I know Jennie will ask about all of this, but I'm thankful that she didn't. I'm not in the mood to talk about it right know. I went to the kitchen to grab a beer when I remembered my phone was inside my car. I went to my car and found a lot of messages popped since last night. I didn't notice it since Jennie's incident. There were 3 messages from Jisoo, 1 from Seulgi, 1 from my mom and 5 messages from Nancy. I opened all the messages except from Nancy. I don't want to hear her explanation as of now.

Jisoo: Lis, how was the surprise?

Jisoo: Did she said yes?

Jisoo: Lis, I'm worried about you. Please call me once you read this.

Seulgi: Lis, Chu called me. How are you?

Mom: Lisa, how was your surprise with Nancy? Hope to see the both of you very soon. Your dad and I are so proud of you. 😊

I didn't notice that my tears fell again after reading mom's message. I know how happy they are when I told them that I planned to propose Nancy. But now, I don't know how to tell them about it.

----------

I woke up from the sound of my alarm. It's already 7am. My head is hurt because I slept this morning already. I only have 2 hours of sleep. And I don't want to be late today because we'll be having a scheduled photoshoot outside Seoul. Our call time is 9am.

I did my morning rituals and went outside. As I opened the door, I noticed a new pair of sneakers beside my shoes from last night. Then I remembered that Jennie is also here. I can't wait for her to wake up so I decided to leave a note and posted it on the refrigerator.

----------

"Oh Lis, you're here. The make-up artist is making the finishing touches of the model. We will start within 20 minutes." Nayeon, my secretary told me as I went to the tent where our equipment are located. We are having our photoshoot on next month issue of  Chic 'n Click Magazine.

"Thank you Nayeon. Just call me when everthing is ready."

Nayeon looked at me and asked, "So, how's Nancy?"

"She's okay, I think." I answered. Nayeon also knew about Nancy and Jackson issue. Even if I didn't tell her about it, she knew how Jackson tried to be with Nancy again.

"How about you?"

I sighed deeply. "I don't know Nayeon. I made a surprise to propose to her last night but I saw her and Jackson kissing at the park."

"What?!" Nancy cheated on you?!" I quickly grab her arm to minimize her voice because I don't want others to know.

"Yeah. She texted me but I didn't read it. All I want is to be alone for now before we will talk again." My eyes started to get teary. Nayeon hugged me without saying anything.

----------

"Okay, that's it. Let's call it a day." I told them.

The photoshoot went well and ended earlier than our expected time. I'm feeling better since Nayeon and I talked. But I know I also have to tell Jisoo and Seulgi about it. Speaking of which, my phone vibrated. Seulgi called.

"Hi Seul." I answered weakly.

"Hey Lis. I just want to congratulate you. So when's the big day?" I know she's not close to Nancy but I can feel she's happy for me about it.

"I want to meet you and Jisoo at the bar tonight. I don't want to talk it through the phone. Are you available tonight?"

Seulgi became silent. I know she's curious about it."Yeah, of course. I'll tell Jisoo about it. So same time?"

"Yes. Thanks Seul. See you." I ended the call. I walked towards the car then I remembered Jennie. How is she now? We didn't talk much since we arrived earlier. I wonder what she's doing.

----------

JENNIE

It's been a while since I slept as comfortable as this. And I just wanted to sleep like for the whole day.

"Grrrummppp."

My stomach rumbled. I wanted to sleep some more but it growled like a hungry lion. And I have to do something about it. I got up and fix my bed. I went outside to talk to Lisa.

I was surprised that the rose petals and the designs that I saw were gone. The furniture we're back at it's place. Maybe Lisa cleaned those after I went inside the room. The house is very spacious. I was in complete awe.

While looking around, I observed an adjacent room which I supposed as Lisa's bedroom. I didn't bother to knock since I know how tired she was from yesterday. I just roamed around to look the rest of the house.

I walked outside and found this beautiful back porch. I could tell that Lisa has a good source of income based on the structure of her house. How I wish I could own something like this.

I went to the kitchen and was so shocked how beautiful it is. It feels like heaven in here. I could live in this kitchen forever.

While roaming around, I found a note attached at the refrigerator. I got it and read.

Jennie

If you read this, I had been probably gone for work. There are foods inside this refrigerator for you to eat. You can cook here if you want. Use the television if you're bored. Please be comfortable. I'll be home by 5.

Lisa

I don't know why, but I found Lisa as a very caring person. We just met but she made me feel like she had known me for a very long time. It's a good feeling experiencing like this ever since mom left me.

After having breakfast, I decided to go back to the room to look for my things that I brought. After Lisa brought me back to my place, my suitcase and my other things was already outside the room. It's very hard knowing that I don't have any home to return to. I have to think of a plan on how to get a stable job and how I could pay Lisa for everything she did to me.

While opening my suitcase, I found my mini note which has a cover of my favorite model, Jackson Wang. Ever since he started modeling, I'm a huge fan of his. I even went to the mall one time when he endorsed one of the  Loreal products. He's so handsome and for sure, a girl is very lucky to have him as his lover.

My daydreaming was interrupted by a sound of the doorbell. Lisa said that she will be back at 5. It's still 11am. I quickly went towards the door and open it widely.

"Where's Lisa?" She asked while staring at me from head to foot.

----------------