Chapter 23. Say Yes

JENNIE

Today is September 22. It's the magazine release. Every department was gathered to have a celebration for this success. And tomorrow, most of them will be going to Paris to attend a conference there. Lisa will also be attending on that said event.

Speaking of Lisa, she started already her so-called 'courtship'. We agreed that we'll just act normally and professionally at work. But despite of that, I could really see her sweet gestures towards me. She's keeping her promise indeed. Yesterday, she told me about her parent's arrival today and that she has to pick them up on the airport. She promised that she'll come here as soon as possible.

It's already one in the afternoon. The program started and now it's Mr. Yang's turn to talk.

"... and so today, we celebrated another milestone in this magazine industry. From the different departments, congratulations for job well done. We'll give our best for the Chic 'N Click Magazine. Cheers everyone!"

"Cheers!" Everyone raised their glasses and applauses could be heard. I looked around but still I haven't saw Lisa. Maybe there's a delay on the flight.

"Lisa's not around?" I heard Jackson's voice behind me. He's wearing a black tux with a white shirt inside paired with a black trouser.

"Yeah. She had an important thing to do." I said shortly. I don't want to make longer conversations with him.

He walked in front of me. "How sad that she couldn't attend this event."

I just nodded while drinking my wine. I still hoped she could still attend. The success of this event will not be possible without her. Jackson talked for a while but my mind is elsewhere.

"Jen." I looked back at Jackson.

"What?"

"Is it okay if I will cou-"

"Jennie." I looked at the direction where the voice came from to see a beautiful woman wearing an ankle-length black and gold stripe dress. She walked towards me with a warm smile on her lips.

"Lisa, you're here." Jackson said with annoyance in his tone. But I couldn't care less since Lisa is here.

"Yeah. I'm sorry I'm late." She smiled towards Jackson but her eyes were totally locked on mine. I was in total awe with her tonight.

"Excuse me Jackson, but can I have Jennie now?" Without waiting for his reply, Lisa brought me to the other side of the hall leaving Jackson behind.

----------

LISA

"Lisa!" Mom called while exiting the airport. She let go of their bags and ran towards me leaving dad.

"Mom, I really miss you." I said while hugging her. It's been a while since I last saw them. I called and FaceTime with them but it's really different once I meet them in person.

"I really miss you dear." My mom said while kissing my face many times. I giggled by her cute action.

"How about me guys? How about me?" Dad whined from behind while dragging all their bags with difficulty. I walked towards him and hugged him by his waist.

"I miss you too dad. Don't be jealous with mom. Okay?" He chuckled while tapping my head. Mom then joined to form a group hug.

"I miss you too, princess."

We talked a lot while I drove them to my house so that they could rest well from a long flight. They knew that I have an event to attend after this. I looked at my wristwatch and thought that I still have time to prepare for myself.