Chapter 14. Awkward

JENNIE

I didn't realize how our face suddenly went close like this. All I have in mind right now is wanting to savor and capture her plump lips again. She looked at me with desire that send a different feeling throughout my body. Her eyes suddenly closed like she's anticipating it. It's now our never.

Krriiinnngggg!

I quickly jumped in surprise hearing someone's phone ringing. She opened her eyes and saw my widened eyes that caused her to move away which caused her to fell from her chair.

"Ouch!!" She cried while holding her her arm.

I went towards her side to help her stand. The compromising situation that we had earlier made her arm doubled the pain. And I felt guilty about it. The ringing of the phone can still be heard inside the dressing room. It was Lisa's phone. I let her sat on the chair and got her phone.

"Lis, it's Seulgi." I waved her phone towards her. I could still feel my body shiver due to the fast beating of my heart.

"Kindly answer it please." She averted her eyes from mine while checking her arm.

I click the answer button and put it on my ear. "Lis, Jisoo asked we could have our bonding tonig--"

"Seulgi, it's me, Jennie."

"Oh, Jen. Why is it that you have Lisa's phone?" She asked. I looked towards Lisa who shifted from her seat uncomfortably. She signaled me not to tell Seulgi about it.

"Lisa hurt her arm while being slipped with her coffee." She send me a sharp look but it didn't budge me a bit. "She should be brought to the hospital to check it fully. But I can't accompany her because we'll be starting our photoshoot later."

"I can accompany her there." Seulgi replied.

"You can? Thank you Seu---" I was stopped when Lisa's suddenly grabbed the phone.

"I'll call you back when Jennie's done here. Then we'll go to the hospital. Just take a cab in going here. We'll use my car. Okay?" She didn't let her reply and just ended the call.

"Lis, your arm is hurt. It's best to go to the doctor right now." I could see her arm starts to swell.

"No. I'll wait for you." She raised her injured arm. "See? It's nothing serio-- Aww! Why did you do that?!"

I intentionally nudged her arm and laughed loudly at her reaction. She pouted like a child which makes her like a duck - a cute one.

"Jennie."

"..."

"Jennie!" I woke up from daydreaming. I looked who called and found out that it was Jackson. The photoshoot was done a while ago so there he is, seeking for my attention.

I could tell that he's interested with me by the way he approached me. Since our first encounter, he always ask my number or invited me to a lunch. One time, I accepted his invitation but I didn't show up because when I was preparing to have lunch with Jackson, Lisa suddenly grab my hand because she said she know a new restaurant across the building. She didn't ask me if I wanted to come, she just literally drag me there. Jackson was so angry when he knew about it.

"Yes?" I sweetly smiled at him. But at the back of my mind, I wanted to strangle him to death for interrupting my daydream.

He walked towards me. Too close for my liking. "Are you available after this? I mean we could have our dinner together." He showed his cute smile which is not cute at all. But I have to treat him nicely for formality sake.

"Sorry Jackson, but I have to accompany Lisa to the hospital."

A shock is written on his face. "She's still here? I- I thought she already went home since the accident." He stuttered. I could hear the annoyance in his voice.

"No. She's in my dressing room, waiting. So if you'll excuse me." I was about to turn around when he grabbed my arm.

"Jen, how about tomorrow nig--"

"Jen ..." I could hear Lisa's voice. She stood a few meters away from Jackson and I.

"... I'm hungry waiting for you. Can we go now?" She annoyingly said. Before walking to the opposite direction, I could see a smirk on her face. I pulled my hand from Jackson and showed an apologetic smile. "Sorry Jackson, but I have to go. Maybe some other time. Bye."

----------

LISA

I don't like it when Jackson is approaching Jennie. He's like a lost puppy seeking attention. What? You're saying that I'm jealous? No. I'm just concern Jennie's well being. Really. Jennie don't deserve such man like him. How dare he got Nancy from me, how he purposely hurt me, I could tell he's no good for her.

Wait, why is it I'm talking too much? I'm not defensive, okay? Just concern. Yeah.

"Lis, you're holding too tight." Someone whispered on my ear. I was back in my trance when Jennie wince in pain. I saw my hand gripping her arm. God, this is because of Jackson. I looked back at the doctor in front of me.

"Okay. You're arm had an impact that caused to swell this part but thankfully, nothing is seriously damaged. Just put some cold compress to avoid bruises. Don't worry, it will be fine." The doctor said after checking my arm. It made me feel nervous that maybe I couldn't go to work. I have to rest for a day to fully heal.

"Thanks doc." Jennie said while looking back at my arm.

We exited the hospital and went towards my car where Seulgi waited.

"How was it?" Seulgi asked while opening the passenger seat for me while Jennie seated at the back. She didn't come with us and just waited on the parking lot.

"It's okay. Nothing to worry about." I replied. She nodded and asked where we'll be heading.

"Just take us home Seul."

I thanked Seulgi when we arrived. I asked her to go inside but she decline because she will on a date with Irene.

I was about to open the front door when I can't put the key on the keyhole because I can't still use my other arm. Jennie noticed it quickly pushed me aside. The door opened and she assisted me to go inside. I was so shocked when she suddenly kneeled down in front of me. She helped me get my shoes by untying the shoelaces.

"You don't have to do that Jen." I softly said but she didn't listen. She's done with my shoes and untying hers as her.

"So, you heard the doctor, right?" She asked.

"About what?" I walked towards the living room and sat on the sofa.

She followed me. "That you have to stay at home tomorrow not to worsen your injury."

"Yeah. What else can I do?" I really wanted to go to work because I don't that Jackson to annoy Jennie.

"Don't worry. I already told Nayeon that I will be taking my break as well." She smiled while going to the kitchen. She came back with a cold compress. Jennie sat in from of me and held my injured arm. She put it on top of a pillow beside her.

"Why?" I looked at her in confusion.

"Because I want to take care of you." I could see the blush on her cheeks while saying those. "Besides, we're done with the photoshoot. They should let me have a break." She prepared the ice pack and put it on my swollen arm.

I winced at the sudden contact of the cold compress while looking at her. She carefully putting the cold compress at my arm, as if she's holding a glass. She must have sensed my silence sho looked back.

"Jen."

"Hmm?" She looked at me with serious eyes.

"Are you probably interested in women?"

---------------