Chapter 13. Tension

LISA

After that day, I noticed that Jennie became distant towards me. Yes, we talked, we went together to the company but it seemed like she's more careful with her actions now.

Today is the day when we'll be having our photoshoot together with Jackson. Since we arrived, Jackson talked a lot which caused Jennie to laugh so much. It seems they are so close with each other and I hate it for some unknown reasons.

"Lis, what's with the face?" Nayeon asked while facing me. I diverted my eyes towards the two but it didn't escape Nayeon's eyes.

"Nothing. I'll just go to the cafeteria. Call me when everything's ready." I didn't let her answer and walk straight to the elevator.

There were few people in the cafeteria since break was over. My eyes scanned on the vending machine and found some chocolates. Maybe I'll buy some for Jennie. After that, I went to the coffee section and ordered my favorite - cappuccino. It was still hot so I didn't bother to take a sip while walking back to the elevator.

I carefully walked towards Jennie's place to hand over the chocolates that I bought.

"Thanks Lis." She smiled and I nodded as a response. I was about to turn around when someone bumped my shoulder which caused my beloved coffee to splatter towards my clothes. I jumped in surprise as I could feel the hotness of the coffee sipped through my chest. I constantly fanning myself to ease the hotness when my right foot accidentally caught by the wire which caused me to slip on the floor. I was wincing in pain when I realized that everyone was already looking at me. Suddenly, a man's voice was heard.

"I'm so sorry Lis. I didn't saw you." Jackson said while offering his hand. I could see a smirk on his face which caused me to redden because of anger. I swatted his hand and was about to stand when I slipped my arms due to the wet on the floor caused by the coffee from earlier.

Mixed of embarrassment and pain coated my face when I felt a towel covered my body. I looked up to see who is it and realized that it was Jennie. She looked at me with those eyes full of concern. She helped me to stand and assisted me through the dressing room. But before we left, I can clearly see the annoyance on Jackson's face.

"How is your arm?" Jennie asked while holding my arm which caused me to wince in pain.

"This should be consulted to a doctor Lis." She added while looking at my arm closely. My breath suddenly hitched when I realized how close our body is. She observed it also and moved away her body as well.

"Lis, change your clothes with this." She handed me a sweater from the stack of clothes in this dressing room. "I think they don't mind about it."

"Thank you." I accepted it when Jennie quickly turned around for me to change. I tried to move my arm but it's no use. It hurts.

"Uhm, Jen?"

"Yes? Are you done?" She asked still not looking at my direction.

"I can't."

Her body turned around with a confusion on her face."You can't what?"

I raised the sweater with my good arm. She got the message and nodded.
"Y-- yeah right. I'll help you."

I could feel my cheek heated up just the mere idea of Jennie help me change my clothes. But I can't go back outside with dirty clothes. So I looked at her for a moment. Jennie must have sensed it and asked.

"What? You don't trust me? I can call Nayeon to change for yo--" Before she could stand, I quickly held her.

"Jennie, thank you." She was shocked with my sudden appreciation and a gummy smiled appeared on her lips.