Chapter 32. Acceptance

JISOO

Life is so unpredictable. You don't know what will happen in the future. So it's better that you'll give and show all your love to the ones you love before it's too late.

"Lisa, are you okay?" I asked her as she looked at the picture of her and Jennie. It was taken when we watched Dua Lipa's concert here in Seoul together with Chaeyoung, Seulgi and Irene. Jennie was still living with her at that time.

Lisa breathed deeply. "Yeah, it's been a while since I have known Jennie. And it's the best thing that ever happened to me."

I knew how hard is it for Lisa. But I know she started to accept everything. As most people say, everything happens for a reason.

"Lisa, hurry up now." A woman's voice called her from outside her room.

"Yeah, I'm coming!" She answered and placed the picture inside her photo journal.

"Chu, please take care of my babies. Okay? You know how much they behave when they're hungry." I chuckled hearing her words. Leo, Luca, Lily and Louis became fat because she gave them a lot of food. She don't want her cats to get starved.

"Of course, your majesty." I bowed in front of her which caused Lisa to chuckle softly. For sure, this place will be a complete mess from now on because of them.

"Thanks Chu. You're the best." She pampered me with a lot of kisses on my cheeks that made me cringed.

"Just think of it as my present to you, idiot." I pushed her face away from mine. She's so childish sometimes. She knew how much I hate being kissed like that but she always do it.

"Lisa, at the count of 3, if you wouldn't come out now, I will leave you behind!" Lisa stood up and walked towards the door leaving me behind. I chuckled seeing her nervous state.

After Lisa left, I was looking for my phone while pacing back and forth whether I would call Chaeng or not.

"You'll just ask her for a friendly dinner date Jisoo. Why are you so nervous?" My brain said.

"For God's sake Jisoo, it's Chaeyoung that we're talking about!" My heart replied which caused me to panic.

My thoughts were interrupted when my phone suddenly rang. My eyes widened when I saw the caller. It's Chaeyoung. I breathed deeply before tapping the green button.

"Chaeng? Why did you call--"

"Chu, areyouavailablelater?" She talked so fast that I couldn't understand.

"Chaeng, kindly slow down. I don't understand."

There was a silence on the other line. I looked at the phone but the call was still there. "Chaeng?"

I heard a deep sigh before talking. "Kim Jisoo, go on a date with me tonight. I'll text you the details." The call ended before I could answer. I quickly ran inside Lisa's room and looked at my reflection on her full-length mirror. My face was so red. Chaeyoung, what did you do to me?!

----------

LISA

"Are you mad at me? I'm sorry, please?" I've been doing this since we departed but it seemed like she didn't heard me. Since she recovered from the accident, she became moody and strict. Is this the side effect of sleeping for almost two months?

"Jennie, talk to me please? It's my birthday tomorrow, you know?"

"Don't talk to me Lisa. I'm not in the mood." She swatted my hand and faced the window away from me. We rented a van to bring us to the port. Even though she's like this, I prefer to have this kind of Jennie than her being on the hospital bed.

Flashback

"Jennie!"

I quickly pushed the intercom to call the doctor. I held Jennie's hand while wiping my tears going down my cheeks. I can't live without her.

The doctor and the nurse came together with Jennie's mom. They checked on Jennie and made some tests and said that she'll be fine. It made me worriedly sick. I didn't go to work for a week after that incident just to be with her.

Jennie's mom and I were having breakfast inside Jennie's room. We were talking random stuff until ...

"Lisa, you don't have to be absent in your work. I'm always here to look for Jennie."

"It's okay ma'am. I already asked permission from the company. Besides, I want to be with Jennie's side once she wake up." I kissed Jennie's forehead while holding her hand. "I love you Jen. Please remember that always."

I don't know, but I felt her hand suddenly moved against mine which caused me to look at her in surprise. Her eyelids suddenly moved and after a while, her eyes slowly opened while adjusting to her surroundings. Seeing her made Jennie's mom and I cried in happiness.

Jennie underwent several tests and observations for her full recovery. When everything's okay, she was got out from the hospital. I stayed at her apartment so that I could take care of her. As to her mother, she didn't pushed Jennie to talk to her. But I promised to her to help her reconcile with Jennie. And I hope everything will be okay in between the two of them.

"Jennie, we're here." I tapped her shoulder as we arrived at the port. She fell asleep throughout the ride.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't notic-"

I kissed her lips to make her stop which caused her to smile widely. I guessed the sweet Jennie was back again.

We were already settled inside the ferry and just waited for it to go. Jennie leaned her head on my shoulder while playing with my fingers. I know already she has to say something to me.

"What?"

"Lisa, can I have some puppies?" She cutely said which caused me to look at her.

"We had our cats at home Jen. We had Leo, Luca, Lily and Louis already. I don't think cats and dogs will get along."

She pouted hearing my explanation. "But I want to have them Lisa. Pretty please?" She held her hands altogether and pouted even more while showing her puppy eyes.

"But Jen, do you think they-" I was stopped mid-sentence when her face suddenly became furious. Looking at her caused me to swallow a big lump in my throat. I made this kitten mad again. I sighed deeply.

"Okay, we'll get you puppies when we get back. I promise."

She smiled jubilantly. I was then surprised when she suddenly held my face and gave me a long sweet kiss.

"Do you want some desserts later?" She winked at me seductively while biting her lower lip. which caused me to jump in excitement. Nami Island, here we come! 😁

---------------