1

I just moved in with my Uncle to California from Texas last week. My parents had divorced when I was around 10 because my mom cheated on my dad. I knew my mom cheated, but I kept my mouth shut. One day, my dad and I came home and saw my mom and some guy on our couch. My dad was upset with her and I could see his eyes starting to water. I remember that day like it was yesterday. 

"(Y/n), why don't you go up to your room?" He told me calmly. I went up the stairs, and sat on the top step. The guy that was with my mom got up and left, that's when the argument happened. 

"Angela! What are you doing?" My dad said.
"N-nothing," My mom replied.
"How could you do this to me? How could you do this to our daughter?" His voice started rising.
"ANSWER ME ANGELA!" He said, choking up. 

"I'm sorry..." She said. She didn't look sorry, and I know she wasn't.
"I can't believe you. How long have you been cheating on me?" Tears were running down his face.
"Two years," My mom said.
"TWO YEARS?!" He looked at the ground and shook his head.
"Why? Why Angela?"  

No response. The whole house was quiet. After standing there for a few minutes, my dad said, "We're done. I'm moving out of here, and I'm taking (y/n) with me."
"Fine with me." She said with a smirk. I couldn't believe her. 

My dad walked up the stairs and told me to pack, so I did. After putting all my stuff together, I loaded everything in the car and waited for my dad to come out. 

My dad came out and he started the car. We moved in with my grandparents who lived about an hour away. We lived there for 6 years. 

One day my dad had taken my grandparents to the doctor, and on their way back they got into an accident. The police had come to the house and told me everything. I was really upset when they told me what had happened. I loved my dad. We were really close. He was the best dad anyone could ever have. 

Anyway, I didn't have anyone here in Texas to move in with. Everyone else lives in Cali or New York. One of my uncles had heard about what had happened and offered to take me in. Now I'm here in Reseda. 

A/n: (Feedback? Stay gold my dudes! 💛)