Choices

1348
Chapter Three
Choices

I stared into the mirror at my reflection, I looked and felt so scandalous in this outfit. The disturbing way it showed my legs. It went down to my knees.
(Oh how times have changed)

I couldn't wear this. As comfortable as it was, I asked for something else to wear. Samantha, however returned with a pair of pants that I was to wear beneath the dress.

I was hesitant to put them on, but in the end, I did.

After an hour or so, a gentleman, whose name I uncovered to be Antonio, came to check up on me.

After seeing that I was asleep, he left, locking the door behind him.

I was quiet and could hear talking outside.

"I'll take the first shift." Antonio spoke to someone.

"Right, wake me up then, I wanna be awake early enough to make it to the market tomorrow." Someone responded.

"What for?" Antonio asked.

The two carried on their conversation, oblivious to the idea that I could hear them. Market, huh? That means that if I can escape, I can make it to a town and seek help...

Or better...! I could easily start my life over like in one of those clichéd wattpad stories!

I felt myself frozen on the bed. What did I just say...? Oh well, it was probably nothing important, besides the window is still there.

There is a rather large wardrobe covering it, but I'm sure it's nothing I can't handle!

After attempting to push the wardrobe out of the way for the past ten minutes, I sighed in frustration. I had moved it a mere inch before finally surrendering.

I turned towards the door as I heard the door knob turn.

I had already curled the pillows up beneath the blankets, believing I would have been able to move this wardrobe some time ago. I didn't have enough time to run across the room and lie down, so in a panic, I hid myself inside of the wardrobe.

"Are you still awake, doña _____?" That Antonio man asked, knocking lightly on the door.

"I suppose so." He exhaled, he must have been looking at the bed, from a distance in the dark, it must have been believable that there was someone in it.

He closed the door again.

"Si, she's asleep." He spoke to someone.

I stood frozen as the door opened again.

"Wake up." Someone called, I recognised that voice, it was Arthur!

"Your mate is to pay the fee tonight, so get up, we have to go meet him by the river." He explained.

I stayed quiet and could hear his footsteps as he approached the bed, "Look, I told you to wake-" he stopped talking and turned towards the wardrobe quickly.

I felt anxious, but to my surprise, he only looked at the floor and studied the position of the wardrobe.

Arthur then spoke, "We underestimated her, she must have escaped through the window again."

"But that wardrobe, sir, it took all of us to move it up here." Antonio spoke.

Arthur slammed his fist on the wardrobe, he hit it from the side, causing me to move foreword a bit, I gasped for air. That wanker startled me!

"I suppose we underestimated her, look, she obviously moved the wardrobe, how else could she escape?" He asked.

"Let's go down and find her then." Antonio spoke.

"Yes, wake the others." Arthur ordered, the two proceeded and left the room, leaving me stunned momentarily.

When I finally found myself able to relax, I slowly opened the wardrobe door and got out quietly.

I had the advantage here, they think I'm outside.

I walked over to the door of the room, it was opened already so I peered around the corner, hoping to see no one.

I was lucky, the halls were empty and as I turned towards the doors, the locks were on the inside rather than the outside. I quickly approached it and opened it up, as I did so, I was about to step onto the ledge like before, but someone grabbed my arm, pulling me back.

I was about to scream since I swear I saw no one, however, they covered my mouth and told me to stay quiet. I did as so then turned to meet his bright blue eyes.

"Come with me, mad'dam." He whispered.

I did as so, maybe he was evil too, but given my options, I followed behind closley.

We approached the stairs, he put his finger to his mouth then pointed down the stairs, I nodded understanding that I had to be quiet because there are people down there.

He took my hand gently and with his other hand, he kept a grip on a sword.

We quietly walked down the stairs while the person had their backs to us, I could however, tell that it was Antonio.

We turned down another hall and approached a door, so far, this all seemed too easy. I suddenly felt even more anxious than I previously had, I didn't even know that could be possible!

He opened the door and we made it outside, when suddenly we heard someone shout, just by the voice, I could tell it was Samantha.

"Holt!" She shouted as she raised her bow and aimed it at the man in front of me.

I turned towards him as he drew his sword, he looked determined.

"Let's not do this, mon cher." The man said sternly.

There was a slight pause before Samantha finally shot her arrow at him.

It all happened so quickly, as the arrow came closer, the man swung his sword and shockingly, he broke the arrow, midflight!

"What? Impossible!" Samantha shouted as she shot off two more arrows at the blonde man.

He, however, managed to dodge both by running behind a rather large stack of barrels.

"Miss ______!" Samantha called out to me. I turned to her, but didn't move.

"Come over here, quickly!" She called,

"No! Come with me, mon cher!" The blonde man exclaimed, reaching out to me from behind the stack of barrels.

I stared back and forth at the two then quickly turned to run towards...

> Samantha, I had known her longer and trusted her more than this stranger...<

> the blonde man, though I knew nothing about him, I felt that he would be able to lead me away from ever returning to Johnny, that bastard...<

(Woo! Make a choice now! In the end, both parts end the same, but this is just so that your adventure can be a little different :)