² ★ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔬𝔫𝔢 ★

SO, THEY WERE FUCKED

DJ had come to this conclusion the moment Trigon stepped through the mirror turned portal and immediately greeted his daughter with the aura of every supervillain DJ had ever witnessed.

She wondered how she could be so fucking foolish, but of course, a new problem arose. The problem came in the form of Dick Grayson walking into the room. For a spilt second, DJ was overcome with joy, believing that he had come to help defeat Rachel's father. But then she realized his eyes completely black and what looked like black veins surrounding his eye sockets.

Then she went back to the conclusion that they were fucked.

Outside the house, Sidney waited in the cold Ohio air with Donna and Kory, having come to a similar conclusion. She held onto the notion that she could break through the strange barrier separating her from her brother and sister, but watching Kory shoot her firepower directly into the shield of magic surrounding the house made her lose some of the hope.

While Kory and Donna argued about the depletion of Kory's powers, Sidney put her head in her hands and tried to keep the stressed tears at bay. Her oldest brother, the one who she had just gotten back, was with her youngest sister, her best friend, in some ancient house of evil that was somehow rendered invisible by the force field keeping them out.

How the fuck could she be so careless? To just leave her baby sister with only Roy, a boy with powers he couldn't use unless he was naked, and a girl who had zero control over her remarkable powers, to protect her.

She promised DJ she would protect her. That she would always protect her. God, she felt so stupid.

A truck pulled up behind the trio, interrupting Donna and Kory's almost-fight, and Sidney's despair. Sidney warily pulled her head from her hands. Normally she would be overjoyed to see backup coming, but she couldn't help but feel like even Superman could help them face the intergalactic demon keeping her brother and sister hostage.

"Hey, don't stop on my account." A familiar voice called obnoxiously. Jason Todd exited the truck cheerily making his way over with two people Sidney didn't know. "I like where that was heading."

Sidney grinned, feeling a small sense of relief pore into her. If anyone was going to give their best to save DJ, it would be her boyfriend.

"Jason?" Kory asked confusedly, frowning at the newcomers.

"That's right!" He said happily, waltzing over to the trio. "The calvary has arrived."

"What the fuck is that?" Donna said, wrinkling her nose at the new Robin. "And why is it wearing Dick's costume?"

"The annoying new Robin." Hank said at the same time Jason proclaimed himself as the 'new and improved Robin.'

"Who are your friends?" The woman of the two strangers said, eyeing Kory and Sidney with a welcoming smile that told Sidney all she needed to know about her.