★ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 ★

★ trigger warning ★

Mentions of addictions to dangerous substances. If you are uncomfortable with this theme, skip this chapter.

STAR CITY
2018

IT WAS OFFICIAL RULE AMONG TEAM ARROW THAT DJ WAS A TERRIBLE DECISION MAKER AND SHOULDN'T BE TRUSTED WITH BEING IN CHARGE OF ANY MISSIONS.

So it was pretty much off the table for DJ to be in charge of the mission against the Chinese Triad, who had been caught smuggling drugs into Star City Harbor. The Star City Police Department were relishing in the bribery money being brought in from the Triad in exchange for the SCPD throwing out any cases against them.

DJ had been the most motivated to take the Triad down. She had been recovering from an injury to her left leg, breaking it during training a couple months earlier, and Laurel and Oliver were making her let it heal before getting back to being the White Arrow. DJ hated being benched, but she hated losing her parents' trust, too. So she let her leg heal, and was getting the strength in it back the way it was recommended.

DJ had been working the comms with Felicity, and helping around the house more, trying to be of some use.

But DJ was allowed back in the field after her three months of recuperation, and her first night back in the field had already gone by, and she ran into the Triad on a private dock on the harbor, unloading a shit ton of crates.

DJ pretty much got her ass kicked, still not completely used to being back in a fight like that, but got away with the information of where the Triad were unloading their drugs. She begged to run the mission, needing the practice. But her parents wanted her to take it easy, just trying to ease their daughter back into the violent superhero ways. The rest of Team Arrow sided with them.

Laurel and Oliver tasked DJ with making sure Roy was safe during patrols. DJ's older brother seemed... off lately. It was Roy who accidentally broke DJ's leg, on accident, of course, but he neglected to follow the right procedures in their sparring session, and snapped it in half. His was speech slurred, he was more forgetful, and he seemed more tired than usual.

DJ tried to spend more time around him, trying to catch a clue of what could be making her brother act so strange. She would pretend to have nightmares almost every night, and climb into his bed late at night, or follow him outside of the Manor and into town, try to hang around him at home as much as possible, but Roy would either give her the slip, or sneak out, or just push DJ away.

He had even snapped at her, yelling for DJ to 'Get the fuck away from him', and slammed the door, locking her out of his room.

DJ was terrified for him. He was slipping up on patrols, almost getting himself hurt or killed almost every night. So Laurel and Oliver assigned them to work together on patrols, telling them not to leave each other's sides. DJ was fine with it, she loved her brother, and they fought like they had a Force Bond, and could sense each other's every move. But Roy was fucking pissed. He would get what DJ named 'Batman-y', and brood to himself on patrols, barely talking to DJ.