four

Suho's throat tightened. He could barely breathe. He shut his eyes tight wishing for everything to be a dream. He wanted to wake up and see Jugyeong smiling happily. Was she not happy with them? Was their friendship not enough for her? Did he do something wrong? Was he nothing to Jugyeong?

His thoughts were interrupted by Seojun's quiet sobs. Usually Seojun's first instinct would be to hit things and kick them around, but the evidence that Jugyeong had run away must've pierced a needle directly through his heart. Looking at the tears that ran down Seojun's face, Suho began to cry too.  

He didn't know why, but Suho rested his head on Seojun. It felt comforting to lean on someone familiar to him. Seojun reached for Suho's arm and pulled him into a hug. The two boys needed someone, and in this case, it was each other. 

They had a special connection through Jugyeong. Both of them had experienced a relationship with her before, and her scent lingered with them. "Seojun..." Suho whispered shakily. The latter sniffed in response. "I'm- I'm scared." Suho admitted. Seojun couldn't do anything but console the other. "Me too."

Seojun swallowed his back thoughts and pushed them to the back of his head. I need to be there for him. 

They came back to the police station and turned in the items the girls found. They waited silently while the police conducted a thorough search. Suho clasped his hands together and tapped his foot repeatedly. Seojun was next to him. Suho wanted to stay close with him to keep him in line and make sure he didn't lash out. It happened quite often.

The officer stepped out and faced the boys. "The evidence is too minimal to assume she ran away. The writing is about two weeks old. Mrs. Lim must've planned this." The police said in a flat tone. Suho couldn't tell if that was good news or bad news. Seojun scraped his fingernails across the armrest. He stood up and faced the officer, who backed up.

Seojun glanced at Suho, and then the officer. "Yes sir. Thank you," Seojun looked at the tag on the officer's badge. "Officer Park." The officer looked at him funny. He chuckled. "You seem calm today." The younger flinched, but then replied. "I need to be strong for someone."

Seojun followed Suho out, who was muttering something to himself. "Who exactly do you need to be strong for?" 

"Hm?" The other boy had overheard him. Suho shook his head. "Nothing."

He eyed Suho suspiciously, but ignored it. "Where are you staying tonight?" Suho asked. "I can drop you off if you're going to your house." Suho wondered what Seojun would say. Part of him wished Seojun would go home, while the other part of him wanted to stay.

"I'll go home. I don't want to be a burden to you." Seojun said. Suho rolled his eyes. "You know I have seven more rooms." He joked.

 Seojun scoffed. "Stop flexing already."

"Never."

a/n: i'll make a fluff chapter soon, i promise. but do you think these first few chapters are kind of boring(??)

please do not rush me. i appreciate the support and im very glad you want to read more, but my inspiration and motivation can come and go. please dont be mad if my updating schedule is irregular. i am not going to abandon this book any time soon.