Chapter Nine - Breathing Again

Prem Point of View

After that night Boun broke down, the following morning he pretended as though nothing happened. Around Pimm he was doting and loving as ever, but he seemed distant with me. He wasn't cruel, he didn't ignore me, but he seemed to shut down a bit.  When I tried to initiate conversation, he would only respond in two-to-three-word sentences.

We slept together every night for an entire week with zero intimacy.

It was strange.

It wasn't until we sat down in the conference room surrounding his team of lawyers to go over some legal matters that he showed any real emotion towards me.

Boun was beyond pissed, but I couldn't understand why.

Wasn't it normal for the rich and famous to make their partners sign prenuptial agreements?

Ever since he skimmed through the thick legal document his team drafted for us, he hadn't spoken a word. A muscle ticked in his jaw, and an angry vein pulsated in his neck.

Besides, Kao I wasn't familiar with the other eight. They made introductions but they were so quick I forgot them as soon as I heard them.

"Kao, did you draw this up?" He gestured towards the pile of documents in front of us.

"No, I did not but the entire team decided to take the initiative and," Kao began to explain,

"The entire team or did your co-captain Win plant the idea in their head?" He glared at his team who cowered a bit.

I assumed the one who was sweating bullets must've been Win my notion seemed to be correct as he cleared his throat.

I stared at him, it felt like I've seen him from somewhere before.

Why did he seem so familiar to me?

"Mr. Guntachai the prenup was initially my idea," He admitted.

"Of course, it was," Boun laughed shaking his head.

"Yes, and it's quite generous sir, in the event of your divorce he will receive $2 million for every year you two were married, a vacation home of his choice, and an additional $250,000 a year until he marries someone else."

I'm not a gold digger by any means, but Win was right. It was quite generous. I didn't understand what the big deal was.

"He has a name. Use it." Boun glared daggers at his member of staff.

"Prem." The way he said my name sounded like poison on his lips. Suddenly the room felt tense.

Everyone became visibly uncomfortable.

"Mr. Chawalitrujiwong." Boun corrected Win with the same amount of disdain.

"You've only mentioned the positive clauses." Boun slid the document to me, "Read it."