Epilogue: Happily Ever After

Pimchan Guntachai Academy

A School For Gifted Children

Boun Point of View

No matter how much money I made, how many patents I created, to me, Pimchan Guntachai Academy was my greatest professional accomplishment.

It was more than a private school that catered to the development of mentally gifted and talented children, but a place that cultivated, preserved, and protected their childhood innocence. The academy taught grades Pre-K to 12 (divided into three buildings) and provided college courses also.

The grand opening was in two weeks, but I wanted to show it to my family first. The moment my now 8-year-old daughter saw her name adorned on the school she was moved to tears.

"Baba, I don't have the words." She sniffled hugging me. "Thank you."

"It is you who I owe thanks to."

Prem, like the amazing husband he is, recorded the whole thing as happy tears strolled down his face.

"Am I enrolled here as well?" She looked up at me with a hopeful gleam in her eyes.

"It's up to you." I still felt it was important to allow Pimm to pave her own way.

And she was paving it magnificently. Our precious daughter was an acclaimed author of children's books, an activist, and even made a few cameo appearances in movies and tv shows...solely the ones that Khang, just so happened to be conveniently starring in.

Still, she enjoyed learning and interacting with kids close to her age or intellect. I had a feeling she would say yes, thus I had a few more surprises up my sleeve.

"I do! I do!" She exclaimed enthusiastically, but her smiled dwindled a bit, "What about Náa Fluke? I'll miss seeing him every day."

Throughout the years Fluke remained her tutor, their bond was special. As was her connection with numerous aunts and uncles.

"That won't be a problem, he's the new headmaster."

"Really?" Pimm's eyes lit up.

"Yes, and your Náa Earth is the creative director." I gestured towards her uncles who were now standing next to Prem.

"This is the third-best day ever!" She declared hugging me once more before running over to her uncles.

I already knew what the first and second days were.

The day I entered Pimm's life, and the day the three of us became a family. They were mine too.

"Pŭua (husband), are you going to give us a tour?" Prem was holding the little person who represented my third best day.