Chapter Two - The Interview

Hello lovelies, usually I update on weekends, but I am a bit ahead of schedule. I will still update again this weekend.

A Bit of Background

With an IQ scores that ranged from 200 to 300, Boun Noppanut Guntachai was accepted to Harvard at nine years old. At fourteen he launched Sukhothai.com Inc. (SKHT) and became a simple online toy seller. Thirteen years later, Sukhothai expanded past selling just toys, was now the world's largest online retailer and prominent cloud services provider. Its net worth estimated at around $700 billion, and Boun Noppanut Guntachai's: $116 billion, Sukhothai's founder and CEO, has become one of the richest men in the world, and is only twenty-seven years old.

Boun's Point of View

At the moment the cameras were not on me, and I took that golden opportunity to lean back on my sofa in my living room, which had been converted into a TV studio, and mentally tried to prepare myself for the next sixty minutes

I rarely did interviews because of the monotonous redundancy of it all.

It irritated me tremendously.

Instead of being asked serious questions about my life and experiences, I was interrogated for the next hour on trivial subjects that no longer interested me. Yes, according to my intelligence quotient score I was considered a genius, a person who displays unique academic ability, but I was so much more than just that. My life was far more complex and shouldn't be summed up by a three-digit number.

Thankfully, this conversation would be different, done on my terms with someone I genuinely liked and respected, not just as a journalist but as a human being.

Robin Roberts became a co-anchor of Good Morning America in 2005. In 2007, Roberts was diagnosed with breast cancer and five years later, the television personality shared that she would undergo treatment for myelodysplastic syndrome, a rare bone marrow disease. Her openness about fighting the life-threatening condition earned her a Peabody Award.

Even more importantly, I felt a bit of kindred with Robin, like myself she was a part of the LGBTQ+ community. In early January 2014, Roberts officially came out as a gay woman on Good Morning America.

 In early January 2014, Roberts officially came out as a gay woman on Good Morning America