I

"charlotte, what are you doing? you should be getting ready for luke's party," said alexa.
"can't I just go like this?" i replied with a slight whine in my voice and gesturing to my flannel and ripped black jeans. alexa was my best friend and i love her to death, but sometimes she just expects way too much from me.
"no! i mean unless you want to look like a guy go ahead cause i'm pretty sure shawn is wearing the exact same thing. but if you don't, i bought this little beauty for you," she said while holding up a strappy black skater dress. without any words, i took it from her hands and walked to the bathroom. i swear i heard the words, "that's what i thought," come out of her mouth as i closed the door.
i put on the dress and looked in the mirror. i had to admit, it looked pretty good. while i was in the bathroom, i touched up my makeup and hair, and just to anger alexa, i threw on my red flannel over the dress leaving the front open. if anything, it made the outfit better.
----------------------------------------------
we arrived at the party at 10 and it was relatively crowded. we walked in and sadly i saw almost no one i knew. for the first thirty minutes, i pretty much stuck to alexa's side until someone stuck a drink in my hand. just as i was going to set it on the table next to me, alexa turned around and said,"drink up. it won't be the last one you'll have tonight." i didn't even try to argue. i just kept on walking till i got separated from her. since i already had a few sips of the drink in my hand(which i'm pretty sure was spiked), i didn't exactly have a good idea of my surroundings. i continued to walk around in aimless directions not really knowing where i was going till I felt someone grab my hand.
"thank god i found you," said alexa. i giggled in reply.
"why? were you worried about me?" i teased not realizing what i was saying to my ride home.
"come on," alexa said,"let's go play a game with everyone else." i followed her to the circle of people sitting down and sat down in between alexa and someone else. i believe their name was harry but like i said, i was kind of out of it.
"okay," someone said,"do you guys want to play truth or dare?"
"really luke," the person next to me said. so that's the guys name, luke." "that's the best you came up with? why don't we play something like truth where you get asked a truth and if you don't want to do it you've gotta do an extreme dare?"
"fine we'll play that," said luke in response to the almost identical game."i'll ask someone first. how bout alexa?"
"what?" she said in reply, obviously not pay attention.
"we're playing truth and i'm asking you first," said luke.
"fine then just ask me already."
"okay then umm... who and when was your last kiss?" he asked alexa. seriously that's the best he could come up with.
"i think it was with harry at louis last party," she said in response.
" okay so ask someone a question now," luke instructed her.
"fine, mike, most embarrassing kiss?"
"i'm definitely taking a dare for this one," said the guy with bright red hair.
"ugh, all the fun really is in your hair," said luke.
"your dare is that you have make out with the person on your right for at least 10 seconds," said alexa mischievously.
"we both knew this day was gonna come, ash," said mike looking at the person on his right.
"let's just get this over with," said the hi who must be ash. and then they kissed and I can't deny that it was pretty amusing with everyone laughing in the background at their stagnant faces. the game continued like that the rest of the night more or less the same.