VI

calum's pov
on the way back to my apartment, charlotte had already fallen asleep. her mom kicking her out had wiped a lot out of her. it was like crying took a toll on her body. she looked so peaceful that i didn't want to wake her up when we got there so i decided just to carry her. i went around to the passenger side of my black nissan and picked her up out of her chair. she was extremely small and easy to carry. i could tell it was about to rain so i hurried to get inside. i opened the door to my apartment successfully while still carrying charlotte and carried her to my room. i had decided to let her sleep there instead of on my uncomfortable couch. i usually had roommates, michael and ashton, but they were staying at luke's place right now. we all just switched between luke and mine's place. thank god it was luke's week to entertain. once i had dropped her off in my room, i decided to make coffee for her since we didn't actually get to hang out at the coffee shop. but her staying here was even better. i made her just straight black coffee and brought in some cream since i didn't know how she liked it. when i walked back in the room she was standing up by my bed and looking around my room.
"how are you feeling?" i asked.
"terrible," she replied gloomily.
"it'll get better. trust me i left home at 17 and have been living alone for 2 years," i said trying to cheer her up.
"yeah but your mom didn't hate you so much that she kicked you out," she grumbled
"if i had stayed a week longer she probably would've," i laughed trying to make light of the situation. the corners of her mouth turned up slightly at that.
"i honestly don't think anyone could ever hate you," she said.
"trust me people do. luke and i went a whole week without talking because i hid his third favorite pick. third favorite. the one he barely uses," i emphasized the last words trying to make my story even clearer.
"well now you guys just love each other so that doesn't even count. i'm talking long term, forever hating," she said a little happier.
"okay i see your point," i said," now onto less depressing topics, what do you what to do tonight cause it's almost 8 and i assumed we were gonna do something fun after that."
"can we go get like 14 bags of candy and a bunch of movies and stay up to like 3 watching them," she said dead serious.
"yeah," i said smiling.
•~•
charlottes pov
so picking up my stuff was absolutely dreadful. literally the second i stepped through the door i started crying so much that calum just got all my stuff for me. it was already in boxes on the top of the stairs and looked like it was organized the exact way my mom would've wanted it. after we left my old house, i guess you could call it, we went to best buy and didn't just rent 5 movies, we bought them. and he paid. like no question just paid. calum hood is definitely something. so here's the movies we bought: perks of being a wallflower, charlie st. cloud, frozen (cause you've just gotta let it go), fast and furious, and maze runner. we watched all of them plus binged watched half a season of glee and he hated all of it. i didn't really feel bad about it till the next morning when we woke up on the couch together. calum was probably the nicest person on the planet. he actually let me cuddle with him through every single movie and he held me the entire night. i might've met him in the most unconventional scenario but god i think i'm falling for him. fast.