VII

calum's pov
people are constantly comparing life to books. to stories with a planned future ahead of them that nothing could change. life isn't like that. life gives you surprises half the time and other times is just plain boring. charlotte was my surprise. i never expected someone as amazing as her to walk through my door. i couldn't tell if the universe was helping me this time or was just waiting for the right moment to rip the carpet out from under me. i was hoping for the former. charlotte wasn't the girl everyone thought her to be. she was fragile but strong, independent it dependent, beautiful but scarred. after realizing all this, i think ive started to fall into an endless abyss and i don't know if there's a rock bottom.

charlotte's pov

i woke up in calum's bed and it was the best feeling until i realized why i was there. i looked into his mirror and saw that my eyes were stained with mascara that only darkened the already dark circles from a lack of sleep theses set few weeks. i look to the right of the bed and saw that calum had laid out a shirt and a pair of sweats for me to wear. I threw on the shirt and saw that it was a fall out boy shirt that looked like it had been washed with scissors. it was so long that it looked like a dress in me so I saw no need for the sweats. after that I walked out into the kitchen where I found calum making coffee. when he turned around, his eyes nearly popped out of his head.
"you know i left you sweats, right?" he asked his voice cracking slightly.
"yeah, but I didn't think it would be a problem," i said with a smirk.
"it's a problem, it's definitely a problem," he said his cheeks becoming red.
"well my services are always available," i replied walking back into the room. I'm such a tease.

authors note

hey guys!
so I haven't updated in a while... SORRY
anyways, I have a challenge for you guys, if we get this book to three hundred reads in a week and 20-25 votes, I'll have a contest. one reader who comments will get to control what happens in the next chapter. I hope you guys participate. thanks for reading!

xoxo,
makena